| PRO Bills-Bengals is Postponed following Damar Hamlin's cardiac event

Wow...never heard anything like this..seen players injured ...knocked cold...serious hurts...and taken away and game resumed...eventually...
But....game postponed.....once started....never ever heard of such...

Lots of expenses....already paid out...for broadcasting..fans...merchants...
Alot less important but still...

The player suffered a heart attack after the hit. According to WLWT tv out of Cincinnati, CPR was performed for several minutes and a defibulator was use as well. He was transported to UC trauma center near the stadium. Yes, the game was suspended for about 55 minutes and then postponed to a later date. The ONLY THING THAT MATTERED LAST NIGHT WAS THE LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION INVOLVING THIS YOUNG MAN, HIS FAMILY, PLAYERS AND COACHES ON BOTH TEAMS!

The player suffered a heart attack after the hit. According to WLWT tv out of Cincinnati, CPR was performed for several minutes and a defibulator was use as well. He was transported to UC trauma center near the stadium. Yes, the game was suspended for about 55 minutes and then postponed to a later date. The ONLY THING THAT MATTERED LAST NIGHT WAS THE LIFE AND DEATH SITUATION INVOLVING THIS YOUNG MAN, HIS FAMILY, PLAYERS AND COACHES ON BOTH TEAMS!
only thing that matters for sure. But shocked the nfl bought in to it.
We all have seen some trumatic moments in games with players. But never seen a game... it us just a game first... to us anyway ...but a big big business to other entities... stopped and postponed or canceled ...

What if it would have happened in first quarter of Super Bowl...
you think it would have been postponed?

Wow...never heard anything like this..seen players injured ...knocked cold...serious hurts...and taken away and game resumed...eventually...

I’ve actually seen it before. When I was in elementary school, one of our HS baseball players was struck in the chest with a baseball. I can’t recall if it was a batter ball or if it was thrown. Sadly, he died on the field. One of our members on here went to the same HS and is a few years older than me. Maybe he can recall it better. @Secondand26 you remember this don’t you?

I’ve actually seen it before. When I was in elementary school, one of our HS baseball players was struck in the chest with a baseball. I can’t recall if it was a batter ball or if it was thrown. Sadly, he died on the field. One of our members on here went to the same HS and is a few years older than me. Maybe he can recall it better. @Secondand26 you remember this don’t you?

Yes I do. Hit in chest with a pitch, trotted to 1st base & then dropped. Unfortunately, they did not have the medical-ready capabilities that we have today or he may have been saved.
I thought of this exact incident last night while watching the game. What a tragedy.
His brother and my older brother played football and graduated together.

Last edited:
That’s a really sad story. My granddad played at Memphis State in 37 and 38 (1938 was the only undefeated and untied season they ever had!). He wrote in his autobiography about a player on their team that took a head shot during a game and collapsed and died on the sideline. And the game continued. I’ll have to pull his book out and get the details. That was the days of softer helmets.

Side note, he had one of the early Heisman winners flying under his command in the war. The guy sadly died during some training from the Lexington. My granddad maintained a close relationship with his parents for many years until they passed away.

Yes I do. Hit in chest with a pitch, trotted to 1st base & then dropped. Unfortunately, they did not have the medical-ready capabilities that we have today or he may have been saved.
I thought of this exact incident last night while watching the game. What a tragedy.
His brother and my older brother played football and graduated together.
IIRC, similar types of things happened a few times in a few years around the country in various sports and that was why there became such a push to have that stuff on hand at games.

We've never had a sorry ass government killing us with a vaccine. We do now.

Back
Top Bottom