| BSB/SB ⚾ Baseball Takes Both Ends of Friday Doubleheader to Sweep Ole Miss

If we sweep, we'll be 16-14 in SEC play with a top 10 RPI. Win a game or two in the SECT, and we absolutely should host.

Jackson has a very good chance of getting that interim tag removed and becoming the HC.

Jackson has a very good chance of getting that interim tag removed and becoming the HC.
While he has done a more than admirable job to date with these guys since the dismissal, I’m not so sure Byrne will take off the “interim” tag.
Just too many unknowns to be honest and I don’t think Byrne can run that risk. This is an older roster and with NIL and transfer portal, some guys could make a move. Throw in the draft and even more could be gone. Not saying Jackson isn’t a good coach, it certainly looks as though he is.

Last edited:
While he has done a more than admirable job to date with these guys since the dismissal, I’m not so sure Byrne will take off the “interim” tag.
Just too many unknowns to be honest and I don’t think Byrne can run that risk. This is an older roster and with NIL and transfer portal, some guys could make a move. Throw in the draft and even more could be gone. Not saying Jackson isn’t a good coach, it certainly looks as though he is.
It's definitely going to be one of the tougher decisions for Byrne after the season. We're on track to host a regional for the first time since 2006. So Jackson will have that on his resume, along with the possibility of a trip to the Super Regional, which will be Alabama's first appearance since 2010. Usually I would say the interim coach being hired is pretty lazy, but Jackson is proving to be a really good coach. But he's also got a pretty experienced squad that is (rightfully) pissed off and playing great baseball now. Can he sustain it?

I'm also seeing that the Louisville HC says he'll coach anywhere that is committed to baseball. If we decide to fork up and give him the power, then I'd obviously be more in favor of him than Jackson.

Said it before, but it's a crucial time for the baseball program. Usually it has been Florida, Arkansas, LSU, Mississippi State, South Carolina, and Vanderbilt as the top dogs. But now auburn and Tennessee both have hired good coaches. In a few years, Texas and OU will be in. So hiring the right coach is critical. Byrne cannot fuck this up.

Back
Top Bottom