Verified Member
Tide to pay staff 2.7 million - Huntsville Times

UA staff tops SEC payroll - Mobile Press-Register

Saban's staff tops SEC in total salaries - Birmingham News

Why can't the media just get over it?

2 pertinent facts:

1) We can afford it.

2) They're WORTH IT!

As a matter of fact, if we pull off the upset Saturday, I say give CNS a RAISE!

ROLL TIDE!!!

Its almost like we are getting a bargain through all this really.

92000*$40.00=$3,680,000 Thats ONE game not to mention cokes (pepsi :roll: ), hot dogs, souvenirs, Television revenue, advertisements around BDS. Coach Saban is definitely controversial and all eyes are on him right now. How many games will that alone get us on TV?

Not to mention the Barn going through a utter and total nuclear meltdown because of him. I mean you know they did beat us 5 straight years? But they sure don't act like it anymore. I know yall don't like Finebaum, but the other day he said that its like Bama has stolen bragging rights back without ever winning the Iron Bowl. Thats how I feel.

There are a lot of Bama fans with a LOT more money than any of use have. You think it bothers them to spend4-6-8-10 million a year to not have the Barn and MS State embarrass us in our own home? That kind of crap might fly in Michigan. But this ain't Michigan.

this_is_alabama_football.gif

My guess is that Michigan will be taking the heat off Bama here soon with a big ticket coaching hire.

My question is who? If they are going for a proven winner (i.e. one that has won a National Championship) they will be limited.

Outside of the SEC, who are those coaches? Carroll, Stoops, Tressell. Who am I missing?

LBS said:
My guess is that Michigan will be taking the heat off Bama here soon with a big ticket coaching hire.

My question is who? If they are going for a proven winner (i.e. one that has won a National Championship) they will be limited.

Outside of the SEC, who are those coaches? Carroll, Stoops, Tressell. Who am I missing?

Spurrier to Michigan?

LBS said:

Mac Brown, Bowden...who was coaching Washington in '91? Is Coker back in football yet? Paterno is another.

I realize, out of those 5, three of them won't move anywhere.

I'd imagine, they'll go after a Div. 1AA coach who has won a NC...much like Ohio State did...that is, if a championship is part of their criteria.

rammajamma said:
I keep hearing Les Miles. But with the run he's got going right now, can you really see him leaving LSU?

IMHO if he were going to leave, now would be the time. If LSU has as good of a year as it seems that they will, his stock would be very high. IF the Michigan job comes open and they are interested in him, he could get a pretty good payday. Besides, he is about to run out of Saban's recruits and, although they had a good recruiting year this past year, I think that recruiting will get much more competitive in the SEC starting this coming season. If the team drops any over the next few years it could also cause his stock to drop.

:twisted: So, you think LSU will go after Tubbs if Miles leaves? :twisted:

Wiseace615 said:
rammajamma said:
I keep hearing Les Miles. But with the run he's got going right now, can you really see him leaving LSU?

The only way he'll leave the barn is in a pine box!
WAIT A MINUTE :roll:

rammajamma said:
Its almost like we are getting a bargain through all this really.

92000*$40.00=$3,680,000 Thats ONE game not to mention cokes (pepsi :roll: ), hot dogs, souvenirs, Television revenue, advertisements around BDS. Coach Saban is definitely controversial and all eyes are on him right now. How many games will that alone get us on TV?

Not to mention the Barn going through a utter and total nuclear meltdown because of him. I mean you know they did beat us 5 straight years? But they sure don't act like it anymore. I know yall don't like Finebaum, but the other day he said that its like Bama has stolen bragging rights back without ever winning the Iron Bowl. Thats how I feel.

There are a lot of Bama fans with a LOT more money than any of use have. You think it bothers them to spend4-6-8-10 million a year to not have the Barn and MS State embarrass us in our own home? That kind of crap might fly in Michigan. But this ain't Michigan.

this_is_alabama_football.gif

10/10 TOUCHDOWN FOR YOU SIR!!

rammajamma said:

If he wins it all, maybe. Looking at the teams he has to play every year in the SEC, not to mention the coaches, Michigan looks good. At Michigan, if you be OSU, you're golden (and how many years would he have to get that done as a new coach?). In the LSU if he loose two only games, Saban's shadow will have him on the hot seat.

The SEC is tough, and Miles needs to be something close to perfect at LSU. Not so at Michigan.

TerryP said:
LBS said:

Mac Brown, Bowden...who was coaching Washington in '91? Is Coker back in football yet? Paterno is another.

I realize, out of those 5, three of them won't move anywhere.

I'd imagine, they'll go after a Div. 1AA coach who has won a NC...much like Ohio State did...that is, if a championship is part of their criteria.

This is part of the beauty of Bama's "buying" Saban. Michigan now has to either step up and pay the hefty admission into the big-boys club of college coaching, and hope that one of the very few elite coaches will bite, -or- roll the dice like OSU and hope. The way the SEC is loaded with coaches, "buying" a coach means that there is a good chance one of our opponents will have to also "pay-up" or "roll the dice". There is a potential chain reaction that benefits Bama everytime it sucks in another team.

BTW, where is Frank Beemer in his contract? Anyone know?

Heck yeah, we can afford it. Not only are our games sellouts we have people waiting by the thousands. I've got my 2 season tickets, but I don't see the opportunity to buy more for years. I'll be waiting though.

BTW, did you happen to see all the empty seats at Jordan Hare last weekend? That is all. 8)

Wiseace615 said:
rammajamma said:

Or, would they go after Jimbo Fisher, who they could likely get. And then what does that do to FSU (i.e. having 3 OCs in 3 years)?

Or, would they go after Tommy Bowden, who guided Tulane to a 10 win season many moons ago?

Or, do they sell their soul and all those broken down cars in their front yard and try to buy Saban back?

"Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives."

Got to put out the big bucks to get the best coaches.

I freakin love it honestly. I love the fact that the University didn't stop at getting the best Head Coach avaiable. They went out and surrounded him with some of the best assistant coaches in the nation, with some being potential future head coaches. They will be the major factor if the Tide rises again. :D

ghice said:
Wiseace615 said:
rammajamma said:

A few more games this season like the first two, and he might really be leaving in a pine box.

Argo said:
ghice said:
Wiseace615 said:
rammajamma said:

A few more games this season like the first two, and he might really be leaving in a pine box.

He could loose all the games and beat Bama and keep the job. I'd say, a couple of Iron bowl losses in a row and bad seasons, he will be a goner.

Back
Top Bottom