| FTBL Bama staff question?

No, I don't even know what she looks like. Just seems as though the whole Athletic department is gone from last year and they had alot of dedicated Alabama alumni at the time,were these people replaced with Alabama alumni or Saban alumni???????? and if he jumps in a year or two will our athletic department be gutted again and go with him? Whats going on here? You don't fire the ships crew when you transfer or relieve the ships Captain. where did she come from??

I agree that hard working people loyal to the University should not be in fear of their jobs when there's a change in coaches. However, it's been a recurring theme for years that there was an entitlement feeling in certain areas of the administration. If a demanding leader not afraid to rock the boat ever showed up, their days were probably numbered.

I presume that day has arrived.

RTR,

Tim

bamarama007 said:
Just seems as though the whole Athletic department is gone from last year
Good! And I hope the gutting is not yet complete - coaches and administrators.

and they had alot of dedicated Alabama alumni at the time,
Just because someone is an UA alum does not mean they are entitled to be hired over more competent people who happened to graduate from another college or university.

And just because someone is an UA alum does not entitle them to keep a job where their performance is far, far below championship quality.

Dedicated does not equate to performance. And we have accepted and EXCUSED poor performance in our Athletic Department for far, far too long.

were these people replaced with Alabama alumni or Saban alumni????????
Most likely they were replaced by people in whom Saban has supreme confidence they will do their job correctly, the first time, and possess the necessary motivation and initiative and understanding of how Saban wants the football program run. People with whom he has seen first hand their abilities to do the correct things correctly.

I would be pleased if more of our coaches and even the Athletic Director hired similarly competent people for the other sports and demanded the same level of productivity from them.

And if our current AD continues to accept poor performance, then I hope our fans will demand he be gone.

and if he jumps in a year or two will our athletic department be gutted again and go with him? Whats going on here?
Then either the new coach will bring in his people (as should be his option) or he will have a much, much higher quality of on-staff people to try to retain.

You don't fire the ships crew when you transfer or relieve the ships Captain. where did she come from??
If the current crew was running the ship to ground, then why in the world would you want to retain their unmotivated and incompetent selves around? A UA sheepskin is simply not enough!

bamarama007 said:
No, I don't even know what she looks like. Just seems as though the whole Athletic department is gone from last year and they had alot of dedicated Alabama alumni at the time,were these people replaced with Alabama alumni or Saban alumni???????? and if he jumps in a year or two will our athletic department be gutted again and go with him? Whats going on here? You don't fire the ships crew when you transfer or relieve the ships Captain. where did she come from??

I think those that are no longer there were given the option of being re-assigned to other parts of the AD or University. As for Saban, it takes a special person to work for him, even as a secretary, not many could do it. He doesn't care where they graduated from, he just wants to make sure that if he needs them at the complex from 4am until midnight, that they will be there, no questions asked and no tears.

alagator said:
bamarama007 said:
Just seems as though the whole Athletic department is gone from last year
Good! And I hope the gutting is not yet complete - coaches and administrators.

and they had alot of dedicated Alabama alumni at the time,
Just because someone is an UA alum does not mean they are entitled to be hired over more competent people who happened to graduate from another college or university.

And just because someone is an UA alum does not entitle them to keep a job where their performance is far, far below championship quality.

Dedicated does not equate to performance. And we have accepted and EXCUSED poor performance in our Athletic Department for far, far too long.

were these people replaced with Alabama alumni or Saban alumni????????
Most likely they were replaced by people in whom Saban has supreme confidence they will do their job correctly, the first time, and possess the necessary motivation and initiative and understanding of how Saban wants the football program run. People with whom he has seen first hand their abilities to do the correct things correctly.

I would be pleased if more of our coaches and even the Athletic Director hired similarly competent people for the other sports and demanded the same level of productivity from them.

And if our current AD continues to accept poor performance, then I hope our fans will demand he be gone.

and if he jumps in a year or two will our athletic department be gutted again and go with him? Whats going on here?
Then either the new coach will bring in his people (as should be his option) or he will have a much, much higher quality of on-staff people to try to retain.

You don't fire the ships crew when you transfer or relieve the ships Captain. where did she come from??
If the current crew was running the ship to ground, then why in the world would you want to retain their unmotivated and incompetent selves around? A UA sheepskin is simply not enough!

Well said gator, if I had seen your reply 3 mins ago, I could have saved myself some typing.

Great answers gator, but, alot of these people were on staff when we won the last National championship, we knew we would have a very young offensive line last year, and, even the Bear had a few off seasons, aren't you a little too quick to point fingers in a rebuilding season? I would rather see Bama dedication than Saban dedication. it will ay off in the long run. my blood runs crimson,and thanks for some very interesting observations.

bamarama007 said:
Great answers gator, but, alot of these people were on staff when we won the last National championship, we knew we would have a very young offensive line last year, and, even the Bear had a few off seasons, aren't you a little too quick to point fingers in a rebuilding season? I would rather see Bama dedication than Saban dedication. it will ay off in the long run. my blood runs crimson,and thanks for some very interesting observations.

The only thing I'll say to that is, without Saban dedication, there would be no Saban here at UA. That is a world I don't want to live in.

bamarama007 said:
And a lot of those people who were on the staff in 1992 believed that assured them of a lifetime contract.

Hell, there were/are some people on staff who played and/or worked for Coach Bryant who KNEW/KNOW that connection makes them immure to any demand they actually do something TODAY. They need to be 'encouraged' to find a new work-home too.

We need some new blood in the Athletic Department. Blood that is more interested in making champions of the current players and adding new trophies to the trophy case.

This goes far beyond the performance of the football team in one year. In fact, my comments go far beyond merely the football team itself.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/9276196.html

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — For many years, LSU aspired to attain the kind of football excellence enjoyed by the University of Alabama. As the Crimson Tide begins another in a series of rebuilding projects with another new coach, Alabama football bears a striking and ironic resemblance to an LSU poised among the nation’s elite.

There’s Bo Davis, a former LSU player and staffer, over there working with Alabama defensive linemen. There’s former LSU defensive backs coach Kirby Smart running the same ol’ drills, this time with the Tide secondary.

Former LSU recruiting coordinator Lance Thompson, who coached LSU defensive linemen in 2002 and tight ends in the national championship season of 2003, is in his second tour at Alabama, this time coaching linebackers.

C.C. Thompson, internal operations coordinator for Alabama football, worked in a similar capacity at LSU for most of this decade. She’s here now.

Porter,Gator: I could not agree more with your posts! An administration, like a football team, can only be as good as its weakest link. The key is not having any weak links. If Saban had nothing but Viles and Barners on his staff, but had them STRICKLY focused on bringing #13 back to T-town, it wouldn't bother me a bit!

bamarama007 said:
Porterhouse, great response, does his people do this? are they on the job every day and if needed be there from 4am till midnight? check it out???

I would guess they are on the job more than 99% of the other "administrative assistants" around the country. I've heard stories that he has called them at odd hours of the night and morning to get them up to the office for different reasons (going back to his LSU days).

I also heard some different stories, but, thats what makes Saban, Saban, I hope we aren't looking at a few cracks developing in the bricks, I also thought he would establish a discipline program that would have sent a clear message to his players about their off field conduct...........whats up with that?

Back
Top Bottom