| BSB/SB ðŸ¥Ž Bama splits Saturday's double header with Auburn (Rubber Match, Sunday at 11:30 CT on the SEC Network)

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – For the first time since 2017, Alabama (33-13, 9-6 SEC) and Auburn (33-13, 9-6 SEC) softball will face off in Tuscaloosa, with the three-game series beginning Friday at 8 p.m. CT at Rhoads Stadium.

This Week: #14/13 Alabama (33-13, 9-6 SEC) vs. #19/21 Auburn (33-13, 9-6 SEC)​

• Tuscaloosa, Ala. – Rhoads Stadium
  • Friday/Saturday Video: SEC Network
  • Sunday Video: ESPN
  • Radio: The Crimson Tide Sports Network at 97.5 FM in Tuscaloosa | nick975.com | Varsity App
  • Friday, April 21 – 8 p.m. CT
  • Saturday, April 22 – 3 p.m. CT
  • Sunday, April 23 – 11:30 a.m. CT

Huge series for the Tide. Both teams are pretty evenly matched and this could be the series that decides if Bama hosts a regional or not. Auburn's pitcher Maddie Penta won't give up many runs so that timely hit will be so important. Should be some great softball this weekend and hopefully we can come out on the right side of things!

When Fouts is not on the mound this is a totally different team. Defense makes silly
mistakes and offense can’t get going. Sure hope Murphy has plans for pitching help in the portal. If not, next year will be a disaster.

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – Alabama softball took the opening game of Saturday's doubleheader against Auburn, 6-1, before dropping the second game, 5-1, as the series is even heading into Sunday's finale.

In game one, Alabama (34-14, 10-7 SEC) got on the board first against Auburn (34-14, 10-7 SEC) with a first-inning RBI double from Ally Shipman and she later made it a 2-0 lead in the fourth inning with a solo home run. A three-run fifth inning for Alabama stretched the lead to 5-0 but the Tigers erased the shutout in the top of the sixth with a solo home run. The Tide got a run back in the bottom half with an RBI groundout to make it 6-1, which ultimately proved final.

In game two, what looked to be an inning-ending double play in the top of the first was challenged and overturned as the Auburn batter was called safe at first with two out. A fielding error put two on base and then Denver Bryant cleared the bases with a three-run home run. A Kenleigh Cahalan RBI single in the bottom of the first made it 3-1 before a sac fly RBI in the next half-inning stretched the Tigers' lead back to three runs. A solo home run to lead off the top of the sixth made it a four-run game which proved enough as the Tide left a runner on in the final two innings, unable to cut into the 5-1 deficit.

Shipman was 3-for-3 in game one, her second-straight three hit game and her ninth multi-hit game of the season. Bailey Dowling and Cahalan had a hit in each game, with Dowling extending her current reached-base streak to a season-best eight games. Montana Fouts (19-7) earned the complete-game win in game one, which served as her senior day celebration.

From Head Coach Patrick Murphy

"We can't control the weather and yesterday obviously was a bad day for softball, but today it was perfect. It was almost was a blessing in disguise to get to play two today and not have to fight through the rain and lightning last night. The whole celebration before the game for Montana [Fouts] was perfect. The video with the little girls and how much they wanted to be like her was special. That's what we've seen the past five years. Game one was a good game overall, I thought our hitting was really good and it was contagious. In the second game, we really helped them out with four unearned runs. The solo home run was the only earned run on the box score. You can't just give a good team five outs in an inning like we did in the first."

From Montana Fouts

"I'm extremely grateful every day for this place. Having my family down here, it just added another type of motivation. They had that really cool video for me with the little kids that made me tear up a bit, but I felt that it was more motivating than sad. I'm really grateful just to love something so much."

It’s obvious after watching yesterday’s game and the first part of this one there’s not any emphasis placed on batting by this coaching staff. Also no adjustments made whatsoever. I guess Murphy’s batting philosophy is… keep doing the same thing and hope for a different result !!!!!

When Fouts is not on the mound this is a totally different team. Defense makes silly
mistakes and offense can’t get going. Sure hope Murphy has plans for pitching help in the portal. If not, next year will be a disaster.
Yep....we play, good Montana, may win, 1 or 2 mistakes we lose...we dont win when she doesn't pitch. The girl has 0 support....IMO, she deserves better for all she's done.

Back
Top Bottom