| BSB/SB Bama Baseball beats Samford 13-6

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
Tide wins their last regular season (home) midweek game, 13-6 over Samford. Bama threw 7 different guys and got homeruns from Ed Johnson (5), Colby Shelton (16), and Tommy Seidl (6). UA scored 13 runs on 12 hits and left just 2 guys on base. <<<-------- That was nice to see.

Next up, 3 game series with LSU in Baton Rouge starting on Friday night.

Last edited:
Does feasting on lesser competition during the week accomplish much? I guess it is a good practice.

Yes and it gets the non-weekend arms some work on the mound... Usually more backups play too. And a lot of these teams aren't too bad... some of them will be in regionals. But they have to play someone and more often than not it is going to be someone that can make an easy bus trip on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was also wrong earlier, it was Alabama's last home midweek game... they play Troy in Montgomery still too.

Yes and it gets the non-weekend arms some work on the mound... Usually more backups play too. And a lot of these teams aren't too bad... some of them will be in regionals. But they have to play someone and more often than not it is going to be someone that can make an easy bus trip on a Tuesday or Wednesday.

I was also wrong earlier, it was Alabama's last home midweek game... they play Troy in Montgomery still too.
God, I hope we can win this upcoming series. We've looked great in Sec play at times, and then the complete opposite. Just way too inconsistent.

God, I hope we can win this upcoming series. We've looked great in Sec play at times, and then the complete opposite. Just way too inconsistent.

Winning the series will be a long shot, but if there's some good news going into it despite having 2 weekend starters on the shelf... it's that right now, the bats, starting pitching, bullpen, and defense have all been playing pretty well at the same time for the 1st time all year in league play.

Winning the series will be a long shot, but if there's some good news going into it despite having 2 weekend starters on the shelf... it's that right now, the bats, starting pitching, bullpen, and defense have all been playing pretty well at the same time for the 1st time all year in league play.
Another bit of good news is that LSwho is having some issues with their bullpen and they lost to Nichols State last night as well. Let’s get one of these early games, then shoot for a series win!!

Back
Top Bottom