| FTBL Bama 2023 schedule.

So, are they planning for Texas to be SEC in 2023 officially? Didn't they have a series of games with Georgia planned for 2023/2024 and the SEC asked them to cancel it or something? Or am I misremembering?

So, are they planning for Texas to be SEC in 2023 officially? Didn't they have a series of games with Georgia planned for 2023/2024 and the SEC asked them to cancel it or something? Or am I misremembering?
2023 won’t have Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC. If an SEC team had a home-and-home with Texas and Oklahoma starting in 2023 or later, they were told to cancel the series.

2023 won’t have Texas and Oklahoma in the SEC. If an SEC team had a home-and-home with Texas and Oklahoma starting in 2023 or later, they were told to cancel the series.
The directive from the SEC office pertained only to Oklahoma. All future games with SEC teams have been removed from the future Oklahoma schedules. All future games with SEC teams remain on the Texas future schedules. IMO, I believe something has gone awry with the Texas move and Texas will NOT be joining the SEC.

Last edited:
I don't understand

The directive from the SEC office pertained only to Oklahoma. All future games with SEC teams have been removed from the future Oklahoma schedules. All future games with SEC teams remain on the Texas future schedules. IMO, I believe something has gone awry with the Texas move and Texas will NOT be joining the SEC.

No, it's because the Home and Homes with Texas/Oklahoma had a 2023/2024 date but then the 2nd leg of the home and homes were 2025 and 2026 for those teams. So the SEC teams would be missing out on 1 of the series games for their home and home series.
Since those series were schedule to have the 2nd game after 2025 when Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC it didn't make sense to keep them going. Bama keeps theres because our final game is 2024 with Texas. So we're going to be done with ours before the 2025 cut-off day.

"
The SEC's reasoning is that the second game in each series was to "take place after Oklahoma joins the SEC in 2025." That led the SEC to nix Georgia's game at Oklahoma next season and Oklahoma's game at Tennessee in 2024.

Georgia was scheduled to go to Oklahoma in 2031, and the makeup of the 2020 game with Tennessee that was scheduled for Norman had not yet set a makeup date. But since it was expected to be after 2025, the SEC decided to wipe away both series"

Texas only has 1 series with an SEC team past 2025 and that's Georgia. My guess would be they will have them remove that as well, unless there's a contract issue with removing it or something that's holding that part up.

No, it's because the Home and Homes with Texas/Oklahoma had a 2023/2024 date but then the 2nd leg of the home and homes were 2025 and 2026 for those teams. So the SEC teams would be missing out on 1 of the series games for their home and home series.
Since those series were schedule to have the 2nd game after 2025 when Texas and Oklahoma are joining the SEC it didn't make sense to keep them going. Bama keeps theres because our final game is 2024 with Texas. So we're going to be done with ours before the 2025 cut-off day.

"
The SEC's reasoning is that the second game in each series was to "take place after Oklahoma joins the SEC in 2025." That led the SEC to nix Georgia's game at Oklahoma next season and Oklahoma's game at Tennessee in 2024.

Georgia was scheduled to go to Oklahoma in 2031, and the makeup of the 2020 game with Tennessee that was scheduled for Norman had not yet set a makeup date. But since it was expected to be after 2025, the SEC decided to wipe away both series"

I still find it extremely odd that the directive was aimed only at Oklahoma. Future games are future games and it seems to me it should have been given to both schools if both are joining the conference.

Texas beats to a different drum and I dare say NO one will be surprised nor unhappy if my suspicions prove to be true. IMO, it was a huge mistake inviting those bastards. It's bad enough having A$M.

Last edited:

Earlier, I had theorized that Texas, as a member of the AAU, would be a tantalizing get for the Big 10. That being said, other than TX's game against Bama next year (ahead of joining and to complete the contract), they don't have another SEC game until 2028. By that time, the conference likely will be playing nine conference games and terminating those four games with GA/FL in 28-31 would be no big deal and not require a replacement.

IF the Big 10 were to take TX, it would shift the balance of power their way, despite the current influence of Bama and UGA. It would also be a typical move by TX to partner when it suited their interest, and then leave their wing man when their desires changed.

RTR,

Tim

I see that powerhouse UT Chattanooga is on the schedule. :devilish:
And as long as Alabama requests that week be left open on their schedule. it will be filled by a FCS team. There are only a handful of FBS teams available and they ain't coming. Hell, their ADs aren't even going to answer a call from the Bama AD.

And as long as Alabama requests that week be left open on their schedule. it will be filled by a FCS team. There are only a handful of FBS teams available and they ain't coming. Hell, their ADs aren't even going to answer a call from the Bama AD.

Play one of the instate schools. I'd rather money go to them than another school. That is one thing I can say positive about Ohio St., they play one home game against an instate school every year.

Play one of the instate schools. I'd rather money go to them than another school. That is one thing I can say positive about Ohio St., they play one home game against an instate school every year.
Nope, we did that with Auburn long long ago. Helped make them too big for their britches. Big, big mistake. Would be great if they were still FCS.

Back
Top Bottom