| FTBL B1G realignment effecting future SEC schedules. UCLA, perhaps, looking at travel costs?

Makes sense with their conference travel schedules

Sec still pretty good on travel. But Southern California to Pennsylvania/ny/ midwest... makes little sense
There's no Big 10 team in New York. But, yes, the travel schedule that arises with the "expand at all costs" mindset is ridiculous. I feel bad for those kids playing basketball.

I think the Big 10 expansion with the PAC teams is untenable. Let's see how it all shakes out once there is a season or two of all that travel and including other sports besides football.

I think the Big 10 expansion with the PAC teams is untenable. Let's see how it all shakes out once there is a season or two of all that travel and including other sports besides football.
The other sports are what will kill it. Football is one game per week. The sports that have to fly commercial will make them reconsider the wisdom of a “national” conference.

The other sports are what will kill it. Football is one game per week. The sports that have to fly commercial will make them reconsider the wisdom of a “national” conference.
I think we'll see combined sports weekends. IE: One team is bringing more than one of their spring sports teams per trip: baseball and softball on the same flights.

Back
Top Bottom