| FTBL Arkansas 2022: The first six games (before bye) is one of the best schedules this fall.

TerryP

Staff
There's a few good stories coming. I'm one of the group that thinks Pittman is doing a good job over there. I heard Josh Pate make the comment he felt the program had the "it" factor.

Week one we'll get an answer on Cincy. Would the committee give them a pass in the post season with a loss to Arkansas?

South Carolina looks like a team undervalued. I can see Beamer shocking a team along the way.

5-2 going into their bye week would be a great start for that team: 6-1 and they're talking about playoffs.

Screenshot 2022-02-25 9.41.36 AM.png

I look for Cincy to come in ranked.....most likely ahead of the Hawgs.

If Cincy comes in ranked fairly high, (top 10) I bet Arky is jacked and beats them! I could see that spring boarding them, for sure.
I imagine Cincy is coming back down to earth this year. From the little bit I read about them leading up to the play off game, they were a heavy senior laden team.

There's a few good stories coming. I'm one of the group that thinks Pittman is doing a good job over there. I heard Josh Pate make the comment he felt the program had the "it" factor.

Week one we'll get an answer on Cincy. Would the committee give them a pass in the post season with a loss to Arkansas?

South Carolina looks like a team undervalued. I can see Beamer shocking a team along the way.

5-2 going into their bye week would be a great start for that team: 6-1 and they're talking about playoffs.

View attachment 20485
I'm assuming 1 loss is to alabama. 2 losses is Alabama and SC?
I can see them going 5-2 or 4-3 into bye week.

Arkansas last season did decent job. They should've had 1 loss going into Bye week.
They got screwed by Ole miss in that loss. They gave us hell with their defense, and offense
matched up with us beat for the beat.

This year....
Arkansas probablyy need to worry aboout SC, TAMU, Alabama, Ole miss.

Their QB is good as heck, but I'm curious about their defense.

Bottom Line, if Pittman does good, I can see him taking a better job in off season.

To be effective QB, KJ Jefferson simply need to stay healthy. He was banged up a lot throughout the season. Their QB depth is very thin. For Arkansas to be better, he needs to learn to when to run, when to throw. I'm 100 percent sure that teams will focus on keeping him from running and force him to pass often.

View attachment 20485
They can talk all they wantabout CFPs...but its at whose place they want to get together and wAtch...

Cincinnati lost all their "senior experience ". Why wouldthey be in top 20....?

Ark...They have 2 top 5-6 games...
Ole ms n lsu top 25...Maybe MSU with returning QB
Traveling to AU...BYU...can be tough places...

Be a nice 8-4 ..maybe 9-3....if lucky.....7-5 if unlucky....team

Cincinnati lost all their "senior experience ". Why wouldthey be in top 20....?
Super seniors came into play and another year to play comes in this season as well. I believe they'll enter 2022 between 10th and 15th.

Fickell took over the program in 2017. He's not entering this fall with a roster that's suddenly depleted.

There will be a lot of undefeated teams after three games.
A&M has Miami the week prior. Stranger things have happened than a 'Canes win though I wouldn't expect such. I do think A&M opens in the top five; no lower than sixth.

OSU catches Notre Dame in week one. Georgia with Oregon, Utah with Florida...we'll see at least one top ten team lose early.

Based on what I'm seeing it looks to be a bit of a weird poll with the ACC getting more love than normal; from unusual teams at that.

To be effective QB, KJ Jefferson simply need to stay healthy. He was banged up a lot throughout the season. Their QB depth is very thin. For Arkansas to be better, he needs to learn to when to run, when to throw. I'm 100 percent sure that teams will focus on keeping him from running and force him to pass often.
JMO but Jefferson was getting a little large toward the later part of the season. He needs to stay away from that local Golden Corral or he will near 300 this year.

JMO but Jefferson was getting a little large toward the later part of the season. He needs to stay away from that local Golden Corral or he will near 300 this year.
He was at 235lbs at the beginning of the season. When I was talking about injuries... This I mean:
QB KJ Jefferson is questionable with a knee injury against Georgia.
Then he had that LSU rib injury. He stayed hurt throughout the season. So I'm with TerryP, I don't think he just simply gain that much weight toward the end of season. It's not possible to do so. especially in October/November... Those are the time where they have hard time keeping weight on.

Super seniors came into play and another year to play comes in this season as well. I believe they'll enter 2022 between 10th and 15th.

Fickell took over the program in 2017. He's not entering this fall with a roster that's suddenly depleted.
Not depleted...lot of key players gone from last year team...a lot lot...

And how good was Cincinnati anyway...
I saw some of games vs low quality opponents....and they were not top quality vs them...

They lived a long extended life because of the @ND win...which was an outstanding W...

But they made a name for themselves...sustaining is different then making though...

5-2 or 6-1 headed into the bye week seems a pretty good bet. Jefferson will need to stay healthy and they will need some WRs to step up to replace the Monster Burks that abused so many last year. Pittman is developing something there.

Back
Top Bottom