| FTBL Are we all on the same page ? This committee is a J.O.K.E. and they've done a horrible job this season?

Max

ACC championship has Virginia losing by 45 points and they only drop one spot?
Georgia gets neutered by LSU in the SEC championship and they drop one spot?

I think half of the AP voters are a joke as well with their votes but good lord, when you have the media doing a better job than you do at your own job?

they wanted a way to drop BAMA as far as they could. so they took 3 teams that lost by WAY more than BAMA did in their final game and dropped them all just 1 spot. and when we lost by 3, they drop us 7 spots.

it is what it is. and i hope the guys see it as disrespect and use it as motivation for next season.

If you're not in the top 4, the rest of the rankings really don't mean much (except which bowl you go to). IMO, I think they got the top 4 right (it was an easier decision this year than past years). Whether a team dropped/improved one slot, two slots or nine slots is inconsequential. Alabama would have had to move up five slots to get ahead of Florida and play in the Orange Bowl. Playing in the Citrus versus the Outback Bowl (Auburn), who cares?

To me, it's not the fact that they aren't in the Playoff. Only in the most unreal situation would I believe Bama deserved to be there (more so than OU, but...) It's just the absolute and total disrespect of those pollsters dropping this very talented team to 13th. So, they think there are 12 teams out there that are better than my Tide? B...U...L...L! If they honestly believe that, then they should never be allowed to cast another vote in CFB. Don't jerk my Tide around just to make up Bowls that seem to be to their liking. Bama draws wherever they go, and they deserve a Bowl worthy of their true capability.

ROLL TIDE! Waste the Wolverines!

If Bama is not in the national semi-final or a New Years Day game, it doesn't matter if we are playing in another bowl to me. Several years ago when we were average at best, those minor bowl games meant something, now they don't to me.

It doesn't even matter. If it was going to happen, let us get a raw deal in a year we eliminate ourselves. We even cares whether we play Sugar or Citrus? In the end, we want a Playoff or it's no big deal to us. The standard is so high, it's the only way it works these days. Give them this year, but moving forward we will be fine.

Selection show sort of addressed it and then dropped it. But kudos for bringing up the elephant in the room. None of them had a good answer to why we dropped that far and thats when I think they decided to move on. Again doesn't matter much in the grand scheme, but still hurts a little.

Like hell it doesn't matter! I can't understand a Bama fan feeling like that. First time we've been out of the top ten in how many years? I'm not happy about it but then it's not a damn thing I can do about it. The national college football fan base is so tired of Alabama being at the top that it has affected the playoff committee as well.

I agree it doesn't matter if we play Michigan or Minnesota or whoever in a bowl game but it does matter to me that we didn't get treated / ranked fairly.

Kept us ranked higher than say a two loss Baylor (who's best win was over 7-5 Texas team) and we could have played Georgia in the Sugar Bowl. :)

Last edited:
They didn't lose two games. If you are not going to play anyone OOC you can't lose.
But you can......Stephen F. Austin/UT San Antonio/Rice....Baylor's OOC games, their two loses were to OU....best win: Texas.
As compared to us with Duke/WCU/NM State OOC...Best win Texas A&M.... two loses LSU and Auburn. Difference in ranking Baylor #7 we're #13...we are ranked behind 2 3 loss teams and 6 2 loss teams....they're ranked behind 0 3 loss teams and 2 2 loss teams.... all of this doesn't mean :poop:....but IMO, it looks like the committee has Crimson/Saban fatigue

Back
Top Bottom