| NEWS Ardarius Stewart Arrested in Tuscaloosa...

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
For carrying a gun without a license in his car.

Couple of things: I concealed carry, but I also have a license to do so. Alabama is an open carry state (no license required for open carry), but where it gets wonky is as soon as you get in your car, it has to be unloaded and Ammo out of reach, otherwise it's considered "concealed".

Which means that he had to have had it loaded and on his person. His buddy was busted with a felony amount of weed (not sure on the threshold for felony vs misdemeanor possession--I'm not enough of a "smoker" to be versed on the laws).

I'm speculating, but it was more than likely probably some random traffic violation stop and the cop smelled weed, so he searched both of them and found the loaded gun on Stewart's person.

Either way, dumb all around. Just face-palm.

yep. he would've been ok if it had been on his hip, in the open (not concealed). the cop may have still taken him in, but if it's carried openly, that's easily thrown out as, like you said, that's perfectly legal to do.

i carry both concealed and open. i do have a ccw permit; but sometimes when i get off work and have to stop at the store, my shirt is still tucked in so my gun is a bit exposed. i carry iwb, but you can still see the grip of the of the gun on my hip.

yep. he would've been ok if it had been on his hip, in the open (not concealed). the cop may have still taken him in, but if it's carried openly, that's easily thrown out as, like you said, that's perfectly legal to do.

i carry both concealed and open. i do have a ccw permit; but sometimes when i get off work and have to stop at the store, my shirt is still tucked in so my gun is a bit exposed. i carry iwb, but you can still see the grip of the of the gun on my hip.

I carry aiwb. Minimal to no printing unless I lean back or a stiff breeze blows my shirt close to my skin.

I also conceal iwb 2 extra mags (just in case) with virtually no printing as well.

What type of holster do you use? My entire rig is all Alien Gear.

Last edited:
I carry aiwb. Minimal to no printing unless I lean back or a stiff breeze blows my shirt close to my skin.

I also conceal iwb 2 extra mags (just in case) with virtually no printing as well.

What type of holster do you use? My entire rig is all Alien Gear.

i used to use an alien gear holster for my glock (before i sold it). it was VERY comfortable, but it did make me sweat a bit. now, i use a bravo concealment torsion iwb holster. i also use one of their mag holders. i like kydex, but i've been thinking of getting a nice leather holster for it. there's a guy down in florida (i think that's where he is) who makes them. i've seen a few of his videos; and he makes really nice stuff. they're well crafted and have great reviews. and he makes all kinds...iwb, owb, shoulder (don't think i'd like a shoulder holster, though).

The weed notwithstanding the "concealed firearm" issue is something I have to be careful with. I travel extensively into the midwest for work and some of the states I travel thru have very strict firearms laws. Illinois is one that technically I am in violation as soon as I cross the state line. I am supposed to stop before I cross the line and unload and lock up any firearms I have. They do not offer reciprocity for my CCW permit and you must have a Illinois approved permit to even have a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

My typical "loadout" is an XD45 in a CTAC minotaur IWB, 2 extra mags offside IWB, a compact XD45 and extra mags in my carry bag and a 8.5" AR pistol in my cargo compartment. When traveling to the midwest I pare that down to just the XD45 but I still try and stay hyper aware of LE as I've heard several horror stories about out of state folks getting run thru the wringer.

I conceal carry unless I’m going to have a beer then I don’t. It’s easier for me to conceal because of the job, but there are still places that are a pain. Denver for instance downtown it takes an act of congress to be allowed to carry down there.

I’ve never understood the point of open carrying other than to show off that you’re carrying. If a bad guy walks in and plans to do something the first thing he’s going to do (if he has any sense at all) is take out the open carry person🤷🏻‍♂️

The weed notwithstanding the "concealed firearm" issue is something I have to be careful with. I travel extensively into the midwest for work and some of the states I travel thru have very strict firearms laws. Illinois is one that technically I am in violation as soon as I cross the state line. I am supposed to stop before I cross the line and unload and lock up any firearms I have. They do not offer reciprocity for my CCW permit and you must have a Illinois approved permit to even have a loaded firearm in your vehicle.

My typical "loadout" is an XD45 in a CTAC minotaur IWB, 2 extra mags offside IWB, a compact XD45 and extra mags in my carry bag and a 8.5" AR pistol in my cargo compartment. When traveling to the midwest I pare that down to just the XD45 but I still try and stay hyper aware of LE as I've heard several horror stories about out of state folks getting run thru the wringer.

Im waiting and hoping for a lawsuit to make it to the SCOTUS about that. If they can divine that every state has to allow/honor homosexual marriages (marriage is not even in the constitution) then a constitutional right in one state has to be honored in another. The NRA is worthless.

The joker is moving to Montana. He hasn't moved to Montana...yet here he is tryin' to talk like Boss Spearman.

Been to Montana a few times and it certainly is big sky country as advertised. Each time I made a mental note to myself, be out of there by the end of August. But hey, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom