| FOOD Arby's™ faces class action lawsuit: Wagyu burger isn't 100% Wagyu.

TerryP

Staff
Plaintiff Jason Jaghori claims Arby’s Bacon Ranch Wagyu Steakhouse Burger and Deluxe Wagyu Steakhouse Burger are marketed in a way that would lead a reasonable consumer to believe they are made entirely of wagyu beef.

Your collection of dumb-asses include one Johori and two, any "reasonable consumer" who actually believed it was 100% Wagyu in the first place.

$100 quarter-pounder from Arby's? Because, literally, that's what we'd be talking about IF we weren't watching said "collection of dumb-asses."

"It's a case filed in NY?" - said no one.

First, Budweiser was sued by some chowderhead who thought chugging beer would get him a supermodel girl like the ones in the Bud ads. Then McDonald's was sued because its coffee was too hot. A professor in Pennsyvania was sued because one of her tenderhearts earned a C+ ("Just gimme the grade, darnit! Mommy's always said I'm special!"
🙄
) Now this... How dare Arby's not sell a complete Waygu burger for just a few bucks?

These people breed and vote...

First, Budweiser was sued by some chowderhead who thought chugging beer would get him a supermodel girl like the ones in the Bud ads.(I could have toild him that wouldn't work. Because all of yhe one here has all of them!:ROFLMAO:) Then McDonald's was sued because its coffee was too hot.(Well it didn't not say on the cup not to put it between your legs, while driving!o_O) A professor in Pennsyvania was sued because one of her tenderhearts earned a C+ ("Just gimme the grade, darnit! Mommy's always said I'm special!"
🙄
) (Mommy is all way right too!;)) Now this... How dare Arby's not sell a complete Waygu burger for just a few bucks? (Someone need to tell this guy if he really wanted a Waygu that he need to go to Japan.:sneaky:)

As Bill would say! Here your Sign!

Being the jaded consumer that I am I always expect the fine print to be a gotcha. Like “waygu style” that we saw on a package of ground beef.
Anyone believing that their sandwich was real Wagyu should be a jaded consumer. 🙃

It's my understanding that the fella found one sign that didn't have the disclaimer and that's the basis for his suit. I've seen their disclaimers. 48% beef, if I recall?

My point is this. If the word "Wagyu" makes someone go to Arby's and grab their burger it tends to imply they know what Waguy actually is: Japanese Wagyu I'd hope. Ya want a quarter-pounder Wagyu burger, a real one? (If even possible?) It's $34 an ounce at Halls in Nexton.

Anyone believing that their sandwich was real Wagyu should be a jaded consumer. 🙃

It's my understanding that the fella found one sign that didn't have the disclaimer and that's the basis for his suit. I've seen their disclaimers. 48% beef, if I recall?

My point is this. If the word "Wagyu" makes someone go to Arby's and grab their burger it tends to imply they know what Waguy actually is: Japanese Wagyu I'd hope. Ya want a quarter-pounder Wagyu burger, a real one? (If even possible?) It's $34 an ounce at Halls in Nexton.

I have heard they have a Wagyu American cow now, but it's not up to the quality or standard as the Japanese ones. Has anyone else heard this? I assumed that's what this burger was made from. Kind of like comparing a filet to flank steak.

I have heard they have a Wagyu American cow now, but it's not up to the quality or standard as the Japanese ones. Has anyone else heard this? I assumed that's what this burger was made from. Kind of like comparing a filet to flank steak.
Cross-breed of a Wagyu and and Angus. They also seem to only feed them a special diet for 400+ days while Japanese Wagyu are fed it for 650+ days. That diet is also different in the US, more corn and wheat than barley, wheat, and rice.

Snake River Farms: The Pioneers of American Wagyu Beef I'm not sure if it's a holding of Buckhead Beef (Sysco) or if it's just a supplier.

Just lost ten pounds of it when my deep freeze died from a lightning strike.

Snake River Farms: The Pioneers of American Wagyu Beef I'm not sure if it's a holding of Buckhead Beef (Sysco) or if it's just a supplier.

Just lost ten pounds of it when my deep freeze died from a lightning strike.
Last summer three of us ordered some Wagyu Kobe steaks from Chicago Steak Company. With a birthday coming up around the corner we were talking about placing another order: been salivating thinking about their bone in Ribeye.

BUT...seeing this?

Last summer three of us ordered some Wagyu Kobe steaks from Chicago Steak Company. With a birthday coming up around the corner we were talking about placing another order: been salivating thinking about their bone in Ribeye.

BUT...seeing this?

You probably got the popup to save $25 on $99 orders if you divulge a junk email address...

First, Budweiser was sued by some chowderhead who thought chugging beer would get him a supermodel girl like the ones in the Bud ads. Then McDonald's was sued because its coffee was too hot. A professor in Pennsyvania was sued because one of her tenderhearts earned a C+ ("Just gimme the grade, darnit! Mommy's always said I'm special!"
🙄
) Now this... How dare Arby's not sell a complete Waygu burger for just a few bucks?

Actually the McDonald's case was not really what it was made out to be in the media. I had to study it in a class.

McDonald’s Coffee Lawsuit: Facts You Probably Didn't Know

Now here’s the part that most people aren’t aware of regarding the McDonald’s coffee lawsuit: Ms. Liebeck offered to settle her case for $20,000, which would simply cover her medical expenses at the time. McDonald’s offered her a whopping $800.

The case went to trial. The jury awarded Ms. Liebeck $2.8 million dollars, which is the equivalent of two days of coffee sales for McDonald’s.

@RollTideinGA , I was corrected on fb by a lawyer:

I will say that the McDonald's coffee lawsuit was legit. They kept the coffee at a lot higher temperature than they were supposed to. Had it spilled and been at the correct temperature, it might have caused some minor 1st degree burns, maybe. But, at the high temperature it was kept at, the person actually had to have skin grafts. There are lots of examples of ridiculous lawsuits... but, that was not one of them.

The part you posted about Ms. Liebeck's counter offer was insulting; I'll give you that.

@RollTideinGA , I was corrected on fb by a lawyer:

I will say that the McDonald's coffee lawsuit was legit. They kept the coffee at a lot higher temperature than they were supposed to. Had it spilled and been at the correct temperature, it might have caused some minor 1st degree burns, maybe. But, at the high temperature it was kept at, the person actually had to have skin grafts. There are lots of examples of ridiculous lawsuits... but, that was not one of them.

The part you posted about Ms. Liebeck's counter offer was insulting; I'll give you that.
Yeah, the professor actually spoke to the fact that many know it as a ridiculous lawsuit of a woman trying to get some money but it actually was not.

Poor old lady just wanted them to pay medical bills and it ended up costing them millions.

Yeah, the professor actually spoke to the fact that many know it as a ridiculous lawsuit of a woman trying to get some money but it actually was not.

Poor old lady just wanted them to pay medical bills and it ended up costing them millions.
Honestly though, she was majorly to blame. Who in the hell puts their coffee between their legs to open in and then screams it was someone else's fault when it spills and burns her badly? I get the the BS law argument, but reality says that you don't do that without being mostly to blame. She won on a technicality, that the coffee was hot. Which is the only reason anyone bought cofee at Mickey D's anyway.

Back
Top Bottom