Anyone have what it takes to grill in the snowpocalypse?

jdpas29

Verified Member
I'm debating about it today. I think with the thaw happening today i'm going to slow cook some leg quarters.

I have this liquid marinade that mexican cooks use called criollo. It is supposed to have a nice citrus twang to it.

FWIW, Criollo is really more of a Latin/Ecuadorian type of spice mixture than it's Mexican...but I digress. There's a true hole in the wall restaurant in downtown Charleston that calls itself an Ecuadorian cuisine.

One of his better dishes is a grilled chicken breast topped with a Criollo type "sauce." He won't tell me how he makes it, but I can pick out cilantro, jalapenos, a type of chili pepper I can't place, and scallions. It's a little spicy...but my god!!

Sorry to hijack this...got me hungry!

I'm debating about it today. I think with the thaw happening today i'm going to slow cook some leg quarters.

I have this liquid marinade that mexican cooks use called criollo. It is supposed to have a nice citrus twang to it.

should only take about 2 hours for that.....keeping it up to temp is the problem :tennis:

Back
Top Bottom