| OT ⚽ Any other Premier League fans here?

Everton needs a sporting director to guide their overall approach. They've spent as much money on transfers over the last few years as anybody, and only have a spot in the relegation zone to show for it.

A list of possible candidates here. Maybe they give it to Ferguson this time.

If there was a working brain cell in that board room, they'd break the bank to get either Tuchel or Poch. The former has already said he only wants Barca or Real Madrid.

*Edit: This is from the ESPN article about Lamps:

"Sources have said that Everton are close to appointing a replacement with Premier League experience. The club are considering former Wolves boss Nuno Espírito Santo, now coaching Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia, former Leeds coach Marcelo Bielsa, and former Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl."

If there was a working brain cell in that board room, they'd break the bank to get either Tuchel or Poch. The former has already said he only wants Barca or Real Madrid.

*Edit: This is from the ESPN article about Lamps:

"Sources have said that Everton are close to appointing a replacement with Premier League experience. The club are considering former Wolves boss Nuno Espírito Santo, now coaching Al Ittihad in Saudi Arabia, former Leeds coach Marcelo Bielsa, and former Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl."
I had forgotten Poch was available. I had read he was wanting to get back to the PL even while he was @ PSG.

I had forgotten Poch was available. I had read he was wanting to get back to the PL even while he was @ PSG.

Wouldn't you? PSG is above every other team in that farm league. Amazing how they always bow out of the UCL when February rolls around. Kind of like Avery Johnson's basketball scheduling and Nate Oats' basketball scheduling.

Wouldn't you? PSG is above every other team in that farm league. Amazing how they always bow out of the UCL when February rolls around. Kind of like Avery Johnson's basketball scheduling and Nate Oats' basketball scheduling.
Don't blame him at all. I remember reading how he was living out of a hotel during his entire tenure at PSG, and his family was back in England.

There's also a lot of chatter about Moyes being on the way out @ West Ham, and he might be a good fit for Everton.

It was an okay game. I just haven't bought into how well Arsenal, Man U, and Newcastle are. The former is clearly the best of the three, but that's easy to do when both Chelsea and Liverpool are having an off year. While Odegaard has been a solid add for the gunners, Arsenal is still more than just a one-man team. The same cannot be said for Man U. They're just above average, and DeGea is crap. There is NO ONE on the Newcastle roster I'd love...like to see transfer to the Chelsea roster.
You wouldn't take Pope the Newcastle goalie!? With SEVEN straight clean sheets and 12 total in 20 games!? And still only 11 goals allowed with the last being at Southampton on Nov 6 in a 4-1 win. Huge reason they are undefeated in their last 15 PL games.

Last edited:
different windows. more to come this summer, which is when it makes more financial sense to grab Enzo. Notice how FIFA is creating anti-spending rules now, kind of like the nzaa did to combat Nick Saban? Hopefully, Boehly is savvy enough to adapt and evade.

There's also a lot of deadweight that needs to go.

Back
Top Bottom