| FTBL Allen on Bama shutting out a team in the playoffs: "Alabama does."

doemasters

The Rowdy One
Staff
Alabama does.

After a dominating showing in the semifinals of the College Football Playoffs, the Alabama Crimson Tide turns its attention to top-ranked Clemson and the Tigers' dual-threat quarterback, Deshaun Watson. Check out what the Alabama D was saying after the Cotton Bowl: bit.ly/1kBDr2J

Posted by ABC 33/40 on Saturday, January 2, 2016

Yep-you-mad.gif

Reminds of this

Alabama's Jonathan Allen, teammates discusses his newfound social media fame
Alabama’s Jonathan Allen, teammates discusses his newfound social media fame

TUSCALOOSA, Ala. — Even on a star-studded defense like the one Alabama fields, defensive lineman Jonathan Allen has shined on the field in 2015. Recently, however, the junior is getting tons of Internet love because of a glorious response he gave the media after the Crimson Tide’s 38-0 thrashing of Michigan State.

“Thirty-eight to nothing. Teams don’t do that in the semifinal of the College Football Playoff,” one reporter asked.

“Alabama does,” Allen said matter-of-factly before turning to face the camera dead-on.

That was on New Year’s Eve. By the time he got up the next morning, his one-liner had taken off.

“I woke up and I had like 1,000 followers on Twitter that had tagged me,” Allen said.

Flash forward to Monday and Allen is now hearing about his awesome exchange from teammates.

“They joke on me a little. But it’s funny,” Allen said. “You can’t take it as nothing more than that, more than what it really is. I’m glad, I guess. It happened, I guess. So it’s pretty funny.”

Allen, who has since retweeted the video on his Twitter account (which you can watch below), added that his camera stare was unintentional. But we can still pretend, can’t we?

“I thought it was funny that Jon said what he did,” linebacker Dillon Lee said. “He’s right.”

“I thought it was funny, particularly the face he made. I just thought it was very funny,” receiver Richard Mullaney said.

Allen has recorded 12 sacks, 14.5 tackles for loss and forced two fumbles for the Tide this season.

Back
Top Bottom