October 11 UTEP Tuscaloosa
October 18 Ole Miss Tuscaloosa
October 25 Tennessee Knoxville
November 1 Northern Illinois Tuscaloosa
November 8 Mississippi State Tuscaloosa
November 15 LSU Baton Rouge
November 22 OPEN
November 29 Auburn Tuscaloosa

I have this strange feeling that UTEP will try everything in their power to opt out :lol:

MDBtrumpet04 said:
Date Opponent Site
August 30 Western Kentucky Tuscaloosa
September 6 Tulane Tuscaloosa
September 13 OPEN
September 20 Arkansas Fayetteville
September 27 Georgia Athens
October 4 Kentucky Tuscaloosa
November 22 OPEN

I have this strange feeling that UTEP will try everything in their power to opt out :lol:

I'm sorry but I see no reason why ALABAMA should be playing Western Kentucky,Tulane,OR Northern Illinois? One it can't help us in the hunt to be a national power. Seconded they're lose or loser games for us. If we win we beat a sub par team. If we lose then we major problems hence last time NI beat us remember we had major problems! So how does playing these teams help us? We are not Notre Dame we don't play Air Force, Army,or Navy and say we have a good team...

Nice bunch of chumps :evil: i cant believe Ill paying an arm and leg in Tidepride fees for one freaking game :evil: :evil:

Whatever happened to the ND and Penn St series?

I agree, we need at least one decent non-conference opponent. I know the SEC is tough, but I would hate to have a decent record later in the year and get shut out of going somewhere because the schedule was gay.

bama4life said:
I agree, we need at least one decent non-conference opponent. I know the SEC is tough, but I would hate to have a decent record later in the year and get shut out of going somewhere because the schedule was gay.

Why not ND,OSU,Mich, or Texas? Would you like know you're good or think? :wink:

Yea, i'd like to watch Nick Saban shut ND up, but a nice classic showdown between us and PS would be great, they have class because their coach was around when it was everywhere. So either way it goes vs PS, they aren't all like LAWLZ OMG YOU SUX FOR LIEF and crap like that.

Lenny Kozlowski said:
Nice bunch of chumps :evil: i cant believe Ill paying an arm and leg in Tidepride fees for one freaking game :evil: :evil:

In 1992 Arkansas and South Carolina joined the SEC, and the league was divided up into two divisions (East and West). Everybody had to start playing EIGHT SEC games a year instead of six, and when that happened, most teams quit playing really good teams for their non-conference games. They started scheduling powerhouses like Western Carolina, Florida International, Southeast Missouri School for Crippled Goatbiters... you get the picture.

We need to go back to playing six SEC teams instead of eight, but that will never happen. Why? Because of the SEC championship, which is another game that can be televised and bring in big bucks from advertising.

Optimus said:
MDBtrumpet04 said:
Date Opponent Site
August 30 Western Kentucky Tuscaloosa
September 6 Tulane Tuscaloosa
September 13 OPEN
September 20 Arkansas Fayetteville
September 27 Georgia Athens
October 4 Kentucky Tuscaloosa
November 22 OPEN

I'm sorry but I see no reason why ALABAMA should be playing Western Kentucky,Tulane,OR Northern Illinois? One it can't help us in the hunt to be a national power. Seconded they're lose or loser games for us. If we win we beat a sub par team. If we lose then we major problems hence last time NI beat us remember we had major problems! So how does playing these teams help us? We are not Notre Dame we don't play Air Force, Army,or Navy and say we have a good team...

The "reason" can be found by multiplying the face value of a ticket by 92K. The schools that you(and I) would like to see them play would cost them that "reason" once every other year because of the required Home and Away factor.

bamatommy said:
In 1992 Arkansas and South Carolina joined the SEC, and the league was divided up into two divisions (East and West). Everybody had to start playing EIGHT SEC games a year instead of six, and when that happened, most teams quit playing really good teams for their non-conference games. They started scheduling powerhouses like Western Carolina, Florida International, Southeast Missouri School for Crippled Goatbiters... you get the picture.

We need to go back to playing six SEC teams instead of eight, but that will never happen. Why? Because of the SEC championship, which is another game that can be televised and bring in big bucks from advertising.

The SEC Championship didn't have an effect on the OOC scheduling. Go back to '79 and you'll see Miami, Witchita State and Baylor.

We've always had some "warm-up" games throughout our programs' history.

It would be one thing if we weren't playing all Div.1 teams. Which, we are. The same can't be said for a lot of the SEC teams.

This thread, like the yearly one's before it, is based on little factual basis. It certainly, at least to me, appears to be an effort to find something to beotch about.

I expect the season where AU didn't make the NC game to be pointed to as a reason to change the scheduling. Again, a point that may seem valid, but it isn't. For one, they played a game against a team that wasn't Div. 1. Secondly, if you look no further than last year you'll see a team that won the NC with 1 loss and had three games against teams that on the same "tier" that we have scheduled.

Last, but not least, I pray for the day that people realize scheduling games isn't as easy as picking up the phone and saying let's play. If so, we'd see Southern Cal, as example, on our schedule in the next few years.

Not to mention, when this season was scheduled we didn't know we'd be playing 12 games.

bamatommy said:
Lenny Kozlowski said:

SIX SEC games! Why bother to have a conference? It is bad enough under the present format. There are only 48 total conference games now and 48 total non-conference games. A six game schedule would mean 36 total conference games and 72 total non-conference games. My hat is off to the Pac 10, which has used the 12th game to vote in a 9 game round robin schedule. I am curious as to how they will handle a 3 way tie at 8-1, whereby the 3 are 1-1 against each other and, of course, all 3 would be 7-0 against the rest of the conference.

Back
Top Bottom