| MBB/WBB Alabama’s Hot-Shooting Too Much for Ole Miss in 97-83 Victory

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The Alabama men's basketball team is set to travel to Oxford, Miss., where the Crimson Tide will take on the Ole Miss Rebels Wednesday night at 7:30 p.m. on SEC Network. It will be the lone meeting during the regular season between the two teams.

Alabama (14-9, 4-6 SEC) is coming off one of the toughest stretches played in college basketball in nearly 15 years having faced three consecutive teams that were ranked in the Associated Press Top-5. The Crimson Tide opened the stretch with a win over then-No. 4 Baylor (87-78) followed by losses at No. 1 Auburn on Feb. 1 (100-81) and most recently against then-No. 5 Kentucky at home last Saturday night (66-55). It was the first time since the 2008-09 season that any Division I team faced three-straight AP Top-5 teams (Rutgers).

Ole Miss (12-11, 3-7) has won three of its last five games entering Wednesday's home contest at The Pavilion where the Rebels have 10-4 record this season.

The Broadcast​

• Wednesday's game will be available on SEC Network with Mike Morgan (play-by-play) and Jon Sundvold (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play) and Bryan Passink (analyst) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.
  • Alabama Game Notes
  • Live Scoring
  • Watch Live
  • Listen Live

I'm watching on my phone backstage, so I have to keep the volume on mute. I have no idea what's being discussed, but from being down 30 - 19 where Ole Miss couldn't miss a three to scoring 49 in the first half...Damn! Good last ten minutes of the half!

Needed a game like that on offense...

-Shack a career high 30 (8 3's).
-JD Davison sat for the first 10 minutes then played a hell of a game. 7 of 8 for 18 points, 8 assists, just 2 turnovers.
-Quinerly with 8 assists.
-Holt only had 2 points, but played hard (6 rebounds). Led team at +22.
-Gurley and Bediako played with some toughness. Gurley hit a couple of big shots.
-Team shot 60% from the field, 14-22 from 3, 44 points in the paint, 23 assists.

Back at home against the Hogs on Saturday...

I was looking at Holt’s profile, said he’s only made 1 shot all season before this game and averaged 5 minutes a game in the few he’s played in. Definitely got some quality time tonight. JD showed he can play, finally… Nice shooting performance tonight for the guys.

Back
Top Bottom