| BSB/SB đźĄŽ ~ Alabama wins series against Missouri Sunday with 3-1 win (clinches #2 seed in SEC tournament)

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff

This Weekend: #6/8 Alabama vs. #24/23 Missouri​

Wash, rinse, repeat, …. Week off doesn’t appear to have been the answer. We seemed to have morphed into last seasons basketball team. Lost the last 4 out of 5 to average or less teams.

RISP. 3-39 is the number I saw a few minutes ago.

banging-head-stressed.gif

I want to say it was @Tidestalker who coined a phrase here, "EarlytoWhine," when talking about Mizzou's former softball coach, Ehren Earleywine. If you guys recall the team was on the road, won their fourth SEC title in five years, and had a "dog pile" on the mound at the conclusion of the game. Earleywine called the celebration "busch league."

New coach, same bullshit.

For those following the game you may have noticed there was a delay in the game today. Mizzou's coach was complaining that a kid in the stands was stealing their signals. Now, this kid? First of all it's an autistic child. Secondly, they are there about every game Bama plays at home and the kid is charting balls, strikes, etc., just like any fan does at baseball and softball games. Larissa Anderson wanted the kid removed from the stadium.

Calling a celebration busch league? That's one thing. Here? Plain and simple, despicable behavior from their coach. As soon as she finished her bitch session with the ump she sent one of her grad assistants to park behind home plate, charting pitches. A goose and gander thing, I guess? 🤷‍♂️

Murph had some words for their coach...not sure what was said, but I'm definitely curious. I hope he "cut her a new one."

It didn't take too long for for Anderson to reach Tim Walton status.

On a different note:

Evidently AT&T sent out some alert this afternoon that wasn't all that important but caused a bit of a stir when 100's of folks' phones went off at the same time.

Well, I guess I've learned another rule. I didn't know the ball could land behind home plate and still be fair. Does that apply to baseball as well? In 50+ years, I've never seen that kind of ball be called fair.

There no “rule” but that area is considered part of the field. If it where considered “out of play” that’s different than being foul, then the catcher could not start the play back there. Also if a ball hits in foul territory and bounces back in (in the infield) without being touched it’s also a fair ball

There no “rule” but that area is considered part of the field. If it where considered “out of play” that’s different than being foul, then the catcher could not start the play back there. Also if a ball hits in foul territory and bounces back in (in the infield) without being touched it’s also a fair ball
I spent about half of an hour last night looking for a specific rule. No luck on my end. Like @bama alum mentioned last night it was a play I'd never seen before.

I thought the field of play ran along the angles of home plate, not behind the plate. But that thought brought the question "if a ball landed outside the baseline, before going past first or third, and by its rotation ended up back in the field of play that'd be a fair ball?"

I spent about half of an hour last night looking for a specific rule. No luck on my end. Like @bama alum mentioned last night it was a play I'd never seen before.

I thought the field of play ran along the angles of home plate, not behind the plate. But that thought brought the question "if a ball landed outside the baseline, before going past first or third, and by its rotation ended up back in the field of play that'd be a fair ball?"
Yes again

Then that describes what happened last night then, doesn't it?

Back
Top Bottom