| BSB/SB šŸ„Ž Alabama vs LSU :Bama avoids being swept with 2-1 win on Sunday.

Game overā€¦Montana pitched a gem today. Seeing about the same pattern as last year. We go as Montana goes and we have 1 hitter we can usually count on to make contact with the ball (Shipman) where last year it was Bailey. On the plus side, it doesnā€™t appear that we have a couple of those ā€œslapā€ hitters.

I realize things didn't go as "expected" on Saturday but this team has a real chance of winning it all this year. We have the pitching to win a series against Oklahoma. And we have the offense to pound with anyone. Yes we didn't hit the ball like we can this weekend but we were still leading late in the first game when Fouts had maybe her worst game of her Bama career. We have traditionally always struggled at LSU and this year was no different.

A few observations:
Shipman was having a hard time catching Fouts Saturday. I don't know if she just wasn't seeing the ball well or if it was moving more than normal but when a catcher struggles to catch a pitcher she isn't going to get the calls from the ump.

Also when we retook the lead in the first game, I think Lexi should have come in to close it down. Torrence did great 1 time through the lineup but the second time she got rocked. A change there and we likely win game 1. Murph got a little greedy and tried to win them both by saving Lexi and it backfired on him a little.

Also when we retook the lead in the first game, I think Lexi should have come in to close it down. Torrence did great 1 time through the lineup but the second time she got rocked. A change there and we likely win game 1. Murph got a little greedy and tried to win them both by saving Lexi and it backfired on him a little.

I agree. I bet Coach Murph reminded himself about hindsight there.

I realize things didn't go as "expected" on Saturday
Were they though?

As good as this Bama program has been they were 4-10 in Baton Rouge going into last weekends series: now 5-12. Before the game we talked about how good they could be (LSU) and how bad they would be an inning later. I didn't know what to expect other than, "it's in Baton Rouge."

There's something about playing there where the mystique overwhelms the talent. Look at Haylie Mac's tweet from the weekend:

Were they though?

As good as this Bama program has been they were 4-10 in Baton Rouge going into last weekends series: now 5-12. Before the game we talked about how good they could be (LSU) and how bad they would be an inning later. I didn't know what to expect other than, "it's in Baton Rouge."

There's something about playing there where the mystique overwhelms the talent. Look at Haylie Mac's tweet from the weekend:

Well it certainly is if the players think that way.... None of that should matter.

That's why I used the quotes with expected. I think many just felt like we would crush a 6 loss LSU team because we were undefeated and have won against some highly ranked teams already this season. I do believe everyone "expects" Fouts to be dominate every single time in the circle and when she has an off day it is surprising to many. Despite that day, I would take our pitching staff over anyone's in the country. Lexi is just recovering from injury and Fouts wasn't 100% a few weeks ago. Plus we don't have to play in Baton Rogue again this year. We will be just fine!

Back
Top Bottom