| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Uses Late Run to Overwhelm Mississippi State, 80-75

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – No. 25 Alabama will close out its two-game homestand by welcoming Mississippi State to Coleman Coliseum Wednesday night at 6 p.m. CT on ESPN2. It will be the second meeting between the rivals this season, as the Bulldogs took a narrow 78-76 victory in Starkville, Miss., back on Jan. 15.

The Crimson Tide is coming off its second-straight win by outlasting Arkansas, 68-67 last Saturday afternoon inside Coleman Coliseum. The win snapped the Razorbacks' nine-game winning streak and improved the Tide to 3-2 in one possession games this season.

On the heels of its back-to-back victories, Alabama checked in at No. 25 in the nation in the Associated Press Week 15 Top 25 rankings (No. 26 in Coaches Poll), which were released Monday. It is the first time since Week 10 that the Crimson Tide is back in the national rankings and the 11th week this season UA is among the nation's top 25.

The Broadcast​

• Wednesday's game will be available on ESPN2 with Tom Hart (play-by-play) and Jimmy Dykes (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (courtside) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.
  • Game Notes
  • Live Scoring
  • Watch Live
  • Listen Live

Just don't get sucked into playing State ball. Coach Oats emphasized that he wants the team to start playing more selfless and stop turning the ball over. We let State dictate our pace and allow us to play more half-court, then we'll see the same game we had vs Arkansas. Would be great to see it go like the SECT game last season.

This is a big game because it's another Q2 opponent also. It's also the start of the easiest stretch of home games we've had all year. Sitting at 16-9, we'll have South Carolina and Texas A&M come to Coleman.

Here's a basketball comment you've likely never heard before. If I were living in Tuscaloosa, I'd likely stay home for this game. It's going to be H.O.T.

I've seen several mentions of the weather coming through that area tomorrow. That tells me it's one of those 70° plus days in Tuscaloosa. It's February. I know from experience how long it takes to cool that place off.

I'll be looking at minutes played tomorrow morning.

Horrific officiating...Oats just got tossed after his second T in a minute. Bama led the whole game until just a few minutes ago. State is doing okay; Bama's throwing bricks. 64 - 57, State.

Horrific officiating...Oats just got tossed after his second T in a minute. Bama led the whole game until just a few minutes ago. State is doing okay; Bama's throwing bricks. 64 - 57, State.

Instead of jawing with the ref he should have been telling his team to stop throwing up 3’s. They’re 5 for 25….20%.

Instead of jawing with the ref he should have been telling his team to stop throwing up 3’s. They’re 5 for 25….20%.

True but those refs missed an obvious double dribble, and Ellis, as poorly as he's played tonight, was fouled on that three.

Wow! At least the ref called the charge on State there.

Only saw a couple of possessions towards the end of the game. Team went up by 9 when I turned it on stepped away and turned it back on and it was only 5. This team is maddening. Why Oats thinks continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results with regards to 3 point shots is mind boggling.

Tough hard-nosed win. State is a hard team to blow out with how they play. Plus they came out firing in the second half, which is very uncommon for them. This team just doesn't have the shooters to do what we want. But it's sort of tough considering only JQ and JD have the handles to really facilitate, so it's hard to tweek anything. Regardless, for a team that struggles from deep, we still dictate the pace and scored 80. Something has obviously clicked with the team because they're crashing the glass with a purpose. Out rebounded a bigger State squad 48-36, with nine coming on offense.

JQ and JD need to keep that aggression. It is what it is unfortunately with dumb turnovers. But if they keep playing hard, it affects how the entire team plays.

Not sure what's been up with Keon, but he's played poorly for three weeks now. Guess the good news is this will probably all but guarantee his return for his senior year, as he's fallen to the second round in most mock drafts.

Bediako has turned into full "angry Chuck" and I'm loving every second of it. That man doesn't back down from anything. Seems like he and JQ are finally getting a good feel for each other. He's getting the ball more on slip screens and allowing him to attack the basket. That's really what helps this offense when we can get a paint touch, instead of tossing the ball around the perimeter and shooting a guarded 3.

Back
Top Bottom