| NEWS Alabama-Texas BCS game gets too much credit for their divergent paths - TideSports.com

@It Takes Eleven

Off topic a bit.

Have you followed The Athletic and their history? A lot of seed money, another funding run and they've got more, and still they've operated at a huge loss?

Their Twitter activity is one I don't understand. As they're looking for subscribers every article they share/promote is behind a paywall. It's such an ass-backwards model for increasing subscriptions.

Tidesports may promote (this article is fetched through a 'bot') their paywall articles but they've promoted more free articles than those hidden.

Stewart Mandel, through is position at this company, has done a lot to tarnish his brand—a lot of it due to political grandstanding.

@It Takes Eleven

Off topic a bit.

Have you followed The Athletic and their history? A lot of seed money, another funding run and they've got more, and still they've operated at a huge loss?

Their Twitter activity is one I don't understand. As they're looking for subscribers every article they share/promote is behind a paywall. It's such an ass-backwards model for increasing subscriptions.

Tidesports may promote (this article is fetched through a 'bot') their paywall articles but they've promoted more free articles than those hidden.

Stewart Mandel, through is position at this company, has done a lot to tarnish his brand—a lot of it due to political grandstanding.

I did follow them, but once they disappeared behind a paywall they're dead to me. I can't say that I will never subscribe to a sports-related paywall, but I have no plans to do so. I can't imagine why anyone would pay for Tidesports, though.

I did follow them, but once they disappeared behind a paywall they're dead to me. I can't say that I will never subscribe to a sports-related paywall, but I have no plans to do so. I can't imagine why anyone would pay for Tidesports, though.
I think the articles, at least a lot of them, are free the next day. Roger Meyers post links to pieces published a day or two earlier. (I didn't know it until a few days ago that Meyers owns Coach Bryant's first house. I think the article was on Tidesports, or T-town News.) He's quite a staple to the baseball program's booster club.)

That game will forever be in their dna. Even obits in Texas get in the “if only Colt hadn’t got hurt” line, Gramps passed after a long and hard fought battle with “if Colt didn’t get hurt.

Back
Top Bottom