| BSB/SB Bama softball adds mid-major ace Sr. P Kayla Beaver and LSU Fr. P Alea Johnson from transfer portal...

Betting she had it tough in Jr High…
You think it stopped in junior high!😂😂 Shit man!! Those HS kids are just as dumb and immature as junior high kids!!! 😂😂😂 I always said that when the hormones started, that’s when the function of that mushy stuff between their ears lost all blood supply/oxygen supply ceased to function until sometime around 5-6, sometimes 7 years later!! That 28 years in education really gave me an insight to just how their minds work or didn’t work!!😂

You think it stopped in junior high!😂😂 Shit man!! Those HS kids are just as dumb and immature as junior high kids!!! 😂😂😂 I always said that when the hormones started, that’s when the function of that mushy stuff between their ears lost all blood supply/oxygen supply ceased to function until sometime around 5-6, sometimes 7 years later!! That 28 years in education really gave me an insight to just how their minds work or didn’t work!!😂

preach it!

Skulls of mush!!!

I had a friend in high school with the last name Beaver. On one side he got the treatment mentioned. On the other it was the Leave it to Beaver harrassment (look it up young people).

In the business from 79-05 in 7-12 school. For the most part, this would have been ”jr high”. The 7th and 8th graders grew up faster because they didn’t want the big looking down on them. Downside of this mixture was the 8th grade girls being hit on or vice versa by the older boys who couldn’t relate to their age group.

Somewhat off topic, but I had a very well-connected source tell me that Oklahoma offered NiJaree Canady $300,000 to come to Oklahoma next year. She has turned it down. For comparison, they gave Storako $160,000 to come last year without being on scholarship.

Somewhat off topic, but I had a very well-connected source tell me that Oklahoma offered NiJaree Canady $300,000 to come to Oklahoma next year. She has turned it down. For comparison, they gave Storako $160,000 to come last year without being on scholarship.
When you have two AA's transfer in, there's a reason.

It looks as though they don’t bring in good hitters or there is a lack of coaching. Example: this year Bama had only 3 players with a BA of over 300. Compare this.. Oklahoma has 9 players with BA of over 500. Either way there’s a recruiting and/or coaching problem.
That’s the thing, all the players they bring in have outstanding stats, in high school and club ball. It’s definitely either a lack of coaching or something they’re being taught is screwing them up.
Had a high school baseball coach here locally that did the same thing. Had a roster full of studs, but insisted they hit how he hit 40 yrs ago (he was a tiny small ball guy). Wound up losing most all of the better players, and the ones that didn’t leave where worse for it.

OU is apparently losing Jordy Bahl to Nebraska (where she's from). I doubt they'll have much of an issue replacing her.... They'll probably replace her with 2 studs and a player to be named later along with cash considerations.

For Alabama, I was pleased to see the Beaver news last week. Personally, I'd like to see Murphy to add 1 more pitcher. If Briski can adjust well and Torrence can build on what she showed the last 2-3 weeks of the season, it may not be needed. But, that's too many if's for me... There's a freshman P from LSU that is from Alabama that I've heard may be a possibility... can't remember her name and no idea how good she is.

Need some impact bats too, preferably proven bats that can perform well in SEC play.

OU is apparently losing Jordy Bahl to Nebraska (where she's from). I doubt they'll have much of an issue replacing her.... They'll probably replace her with 2 studs and a player to be named later along with cash considerations.

For Alabama, I was pleased to see the Beaver news last week. Personally, I'd like to see Murphy to add 1 more pitcher. If Briski can adjust well and Torrence can build on what she showed the last 2-3 weeks of the season, it may not be needed. But, that's too many if's for me... There's a freshman P from LSU that is from Alabama that I've heard may be a possibility... can't remember her name and no idea how good she is.

Need some impact bats too, preferably proven bats that can perform well in SEC play.

This is her... Alea Johnson. Visited a few days ago, now committed.

Made 12 appearances and started in seven games on the rubber … Went 7-1 in the circle and had two complete games and one shutout … Finished season with a 1.41 ERA (No. 5 in SEC) with 31 strikeouts and a .185 opposing batting average (No. 13 in SEC) … Allowed 29 hits and 10 runs in 44.2 innings … Struck out a career-high six batters twice against Nicholls (Feb. 12) against Southeastern Louisiana (March 15) … Allowed no hits in 2.0 innings against No. 1 Oklahoma.

A quick attempt at Bama's roster as of now... This likely contains some errors, so let me know and I'll correct them. Just an overall glimpse of the '23/'24 team though as of today... there will be more additions and subtractions so it's nothing in stone...

OF - Kenleigh Cahalan (So.)
OF - Larissa Pruitt (So.)
OF - Kristen White (So.)
OF - Jenna Johnson (5Sr.)

OF - Lauren Johnson (Fr.)
OF - M'Kay Gidley (Sr.)
OF - Kat Grill (Sr.)
INF - Abby Duchscherer (So.)
1B - Emma Broadfoot (Sr.)
2B - Kali Heivilin (Jr.)
DP/3B - Bailey Dowling (Sr.)
C - Marlie Giles (So.)
C - Riley Valentine (So.) [Texas A&M]

DP - KJ Haney (Sr.)*
1B/P - Lauren Essman (5Sr.)
UTL - Kendal Clark (Jr.) [JUCO signee]

P - Alea Johnson (So.) [LSU]
P - Kayla Beaver (Sr.) [Central Arkansas]

P - Alex Salter (Jr.)
P - Jaala Torrence (Sr.)

P - Jocelyn Briski (Fr.)

Started or played significant innings in 2023
True Freshmen
Transferring in
*Hurt and DNP in 2023

Some rumors that at least one in bold might be transferring out. A couple of outfielders who are getting squeezed out are strong options to look for better situations too (Jordan Stephens is already in the portal). Also, supposedly, the Tide is searching for INF help/bat(s) and maybe C.

Back
Top Bottom