| MBB/WBB Alabama Men's team will host a secret scrimmage vs TCU this weekend

Although it's a secret scrimmage, I love Oats' approach in scheduling tough games. This is likely Jamie Dixon's best squad at TCU since arriving in 2016, and they'll be looking to go back-to-back tournament appearances. They return all five starters from last season. They'll likely be ranked in the top 20 also.

Great tune up game before the season. We'll see where we stand as a team before the season tips off.

Looks like the team got beat 99-69 in the secret scrimmage. Not anything to worry about since we were without four starters, which featured three freshman getting their first start. Going against that system being new is tough for anyone that hasn't played college ball yet.

Biggest takeaway in the secret scrimmage is that Brandon Miller had 33 points. Oats has had NBA players before, but I doubt he'll ever have one as good as Miller.

His offense does not work w/o a great D to manage through all the insane scoring slumps and turnovers.
I'm not entirely disagreeing with you, but our offense has put up great numbers despite turnovers and scoring droughts. But you're right in that the offense is at its best when effort and intensity is at a high level on D. I'm hoping with more depth, Oats will start doing some full court pressure. We haven't done much of that at all, despite having more length.

Not gonna read too much into a scrimmage. Bediako, Burnett and Quinerly not playing kind of skews the numbers IMO and it may deflate a little ego out of the youngins taking an ass whoopin'....as Sinbad said...spankings dont teach kids to hit....it teaches them to sit down and shut up...😁

Back
Top Bottom