| FTBL Alabama Football DVDs

bradenob

I would love to have a collection of all the 2020 games on DVD. I have only found Gerald Cherry, who lives in Dothan, and a guy I think is located outside the country - "My Football DVD and Downloads."

Does anyone know about either of these two? Or does anyone have another idea? Thanks

I've bought from Gerald Cherry before, good quality but $10 is a little pricy for a burned DVD IMO. I've bought CDs, DVDs and Blu Rays from him in the past. I dont even know if he still does it, though. Honestly, your best bet for the future is to just buy a DVD Recorder. They can get a bit pricey now too (I think mine was $100) but it is so easy and simple to just record straight off your TV or DVR.

*EDIT realizing I ordered from the other site you mentioned, too. It took FOREVER to get to the DVDs (and they were only okay quality but they were USFL games so the quality is rarely ever gonna be better than OK) and he sent me a stack of baseball DVDs that I didn't order, so I'm assuming he accidentally sent me someone else's order, which isn't good. I e-mailed him about it and never got a response.

@bradenob
Dvd recorders are extremely pricy....and some are damn near impossible to use..
And a lot of older ones on bid sites dont have hdmi and aren’t compatible with new tvs...even if they are new...never opened...
Be aware...
Been recording...since 80s....use to rewatch...but seems more things to do...these days...
Put you in my will!!!!!!!! Lol

you can see how a collection can grow ...dvds on second shelf down...most of the holders have 2 dvds...with 2 games per dvd...even still have vhs with no vhs player 69A8E922-D2CF-48AD-9204-35555C51183D.jpeg

@bradenob
Here's the setup I've used for years (sounds way more complicated than it really is):
1. record the games to my Directv DVR (I have one of the extra wireless receivers that I place near my PC)
2. I use a Hauppauge HD PVR to connect my Directv to my PC - bought it 6-8 years ago from Best Buy, sure it's on Amazon.
3. Play the game from the DVR & record on the PC (via the Hauppage cable)
4. Import into my video editing software & edit out commercials, halftime, etc. , add menus.
5. Burn to DVD or Blu-ray

Like I said, it looks harder than it is. A lot of it is letting the game record to the PC in real time - I just click & walk away, otherwise I'll get sucked in & start watching it!

I do all this & give to family/friends. 100 blank DVDs on Amazon cost around $20, so it doesn't cost much.
Let me know if you (or anyone else on here) is interested in this process and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions.

I have also used this method to re-do my VCR recordings of games such as the 1992 Sugar Bowl. I even used this method to overlay & sync the Eli Gold audio broadcast over the ESPN video of the 2021 CFB Championship. Once you've done it a few times, it's really quite easy.

@bradenob
Here's the setup I've used for years (sounds way more complicated than it really is):
1. record the games to my Directv DVR (I have one of the extra wireless receivers that I place near my PC)
2. I use a Hauppauge HD PVR to connect my Directv to my PC - bought it 6-8 years ago from Best Buy, sure it's on Amazon.
3. Play the game from the DVR & record on the PC (via the Hauppage cable)
4. Import into my video editing software & edit out commercials, halftime, etc. , add menus.
5. Burn to DVD or Blu-ray

Like I said, it looks harder than it is. A lot of it is letting the game record to the PC in real time - I just click & walk away, otherwise I'll get sucked in & start watching it!

I do all this & give to family/friends. 100 blank DVDs on Amazon cost around $20, so it doesn't cost much.
Let me know if you (or anyone else on here) is interested in this process and I'll be glad to answer any of your questions.

I have also used this method to re-do my VCR recordings of games such as the 1992 Sugar Bowl. I even used this method to overlay & sync the Eli Gold audio broadcast over the ESPN video of the 2021 CFB Championship. Once you've done it a few times, it's really quite easy.
Awesome

@bradenob
And a lot of older ones on bid sites dont have hdmi and aren’t compatible with new tvs...even if they are new...never opened...
Be aware...
View attachment 18386

In what way are they "not compatible" with a newer TV? My DVD recorder doesn't have HDMI but I have no issues using it on a smart TV.

In what way are they "not compatible" with a newer TV? My DVD recorder doesn't have HDMI but I have no issues using it on a smart TV.
May be the 65+ size smart tvs i looked at....
Did get it hooked on smaller tv...(42 lg)
The sony had just hdmi as did the same size samsung..
The older dvd recorder needed rca hookup...only

could have been lack of technology on my part to figure rigging also
Always a possibility

@bradenob
Be aware...
Been recording...since 80s....use to rewatch...but seems more things to do...these days...
Put you in my will!!!!!!!! Lol

you can see how a collection can grow ...dvds on second shelf down...most of the holders have 2 dvds...with 2 games per dvd...even still have vhs with no vhs player View attachment 18386
I will take you up on the will thing but that might be 30 more years!!!

Back
Top Bottom