| MBB/WBB đźŹ€ Alabama Falls 87-71 to Texas A&M in Home Finale

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The No. 25/24 Alabama men's basketball team will host the final home game of the season Wednesday night when it welcomes Texas A&M to Coleman Coliseum in the lone meeting between the teams this year. The contest is slated for a 6 p.m. CT tipoff and will be televised on SEC Network.

This will be the first meeting between the two squads since Feb. 19, 2020 when the Aggies walked away with a 74-68 road win over the Crimson Tide. The teams were set to play last season, however, between an ice storm in Texas postponing the originally scheduled contest and the pandemic make-up games at the end of the season which prevented the two squads from squaring off in 2020-21.

The Crimson Tide owns a 12-9 edge in the all-time series with the Aggies, however, Texas A&M has won three consecutive and four of the last five games in the series. That includes two-straight wins in Coleman Coliseum, at the Aggies defeated the Tide 81-80 on Jan. 12, 2019 and 74-68 in the last meeting in 2020. The last time Alabama defeated Texas A&M in Tuscaloosa came on Dec. 30, 2017 (defeated then-No. 5 A&M, 79-57).

The Broadcast​

• Wednesday's game will be available on SEC Network with Mike Morgan (play-by-play) and Jon Sundvold (analyst) on the call
  • The radio broadcast can be heard on the Crimson Tide Sports Network with Chris Stewart (play-by-play), Bryan Passink (analyst) and Roger Hoover (courtside) on the call, while Tom Stipe (engineer) is turning the dials. The pregame show will begin one hour prior to tipoff.

A&M isn't a gimme game my any stretch. They've played tough against Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU. And it sort of seems like a bad match up for us considering they're ranked third and eighth in the country in steals and forced turnovers. Considering how careless we are with the ball, I'd imagine this will be a one or two possession game, unless we shoot it well.

A&M isn't a gimme game my any stretch. They've played tough against Kentucky, Arkansas, Tennessee, and LSU. And it sort of seems like a bad match up for us considering they're ranked third and eighth in the country in steals and forced turnovers. Considering how careless we are with the ball, I'd imagine this will be a one or two possession game, unless we shoot it well.
Agree and as we have seen with this team there are NO gimme games. The team needs to keep building on their win streak but with their inconsistencies you just never know. JQ has been playing more consistent but a poor shooting/turnover/bad defensive night can raise its ugly head at any time.

Back
Top Bottom