| RECRUIT ⭐️Alabama 2025 Recruiting Class Updates ⭐️: 2025 5-star RB Akylin Dear announces he's headed to Bama.

I’ve got a cousin up there and he says there are some huge deer up there! Around here, Talladega County, if you catch one 3 1/2 or older, it’s a miracle!!! A lot of “if it’s brown, it’s down” hunters !!
They wander (jump) out of the park close to me, often.

A few weeks ago I saw three that were out of the park's gate, just looking around. My first thought? "There's gator bait." Prolly...3AM or so. No one bothers them.

You ever eaten goose? They are everywhere around here. Five minutes, or less. But non one messes with them.

They wander (jump) out of the park close to me, often.

A few weeks ago I saw three that were out of the park's gate, just looking around. My first thought? "There's gator bait." Prolly...3AM or so. No one bothers them.

You ever eaten goose? They are everywhere around here. Five minutes, or less. But non one messes with them.
I’m not a bird hunter! Too much work for too little meat for me!

Something I wonder about is the possibility of wanting to scratch the NFL itch. If CKD does well as we think he will, it wouldn't surprise me if he had a couple of teams make a run at him. While NFL and College are still apples and oranges, CKD approach seems very NFL'ish in model. With Morgan handling a lot of the talent scouting and NIL funds for recruitment, it allows CKD to focus more on the coaching and assisting with the recruitment process. I'm not saying he will or will not, but it is something we have seen all the greats do. CNS, Spurrier, Urban, even Bear verbally accepted the Miami job and decided to stay at Bama last minute.

If CKD's model works as well as it appears to be working, I could see him attempting the transition if the right situation came along.
Unfortunately, I've thought the same thing. CKD is aggressive and just might pursue the NFL if he has success at Bama. Wouldn't it be ironic if he stayed in the NFL for a couple of years and then returned to the college ranks at LSU.

I can't recall the thread, but folks were concerned about receivers, and here is some help.
I admit I’ve expressed concern, not regarding the speed of our WRs, but chiefly the lack of size and catch radius of most in our group. I’ve mentioned how important I think it will be for Bernard to stay healthy. The fact they moved Odom from TE to WR speaks to my concern. Look for lots of crossing routes and a run heavy offense.

I admit I’ve expressed concern, not regarding the speed of our WRs, but chiefly the lack of size and catch radius of most in our group. I’ve mentioned how important I think it will be for Bernard to stay healthy. The fact they moved Odom from TE to WR speaks to my concern. Look for lots of crossing routes and a run heavy offense.
Odom wasn’t a traditional in line TE in HS. So the “move” was more about putting him in his natural position as opposed to his “projected” position.

Was concerned too. A lot of positive talk. Kool aid or facts. See in 6 weeks or so

Odom wasn’t a traditional in line TE in HS. So the “move” was more about putting him in his natural position as opposed to his “projected” position.
I realize all this. But 99% of programs would be thinking of his future, rather than the position he’s most comfortable or familiar with. Unless he has freakish speed he should be developing into a TE. But my point is due to our need for size at WR, and having sufficient depth at TE, he’s at WR for now.

I realize all this. But 99% of programs would be thinking of his future, rather than the position he’s most comfortable or familiar with. Unless he has freakish speed he should be developing into a TE. But my point is due to our need for size at WR, and having sufficient depth at TE, he’s at WR for now.
Odom was scouted as a prospect who could play both positions, and Alabama offensive coordinator Nick Sheridan explained the switch on Friday.

“We’re just trying to put him in a position to be successful early on in his career,” Sheridan said. “You know he’s a big kid. He’s very athletic. He’s very explosive. He has a great frame. How his body grows and what he turns into being when he’s 20, 21, 22 years old, I think time will tell. He certainly runs good enough to play wide receiver. He runs very well, he’s a big target. So we just tried to put him in a position early on, to not try to run into 275-pound people, you know, put him in a position so he can have success.”

Back
Top Bottom