AJ McCarron’s Mother Was Not Impressed With Jameis Winston’s Grip On The English Language

Alabama quarterback AJ McCarron’s mother Dee Dee Bonner is usually a very positive, pleasant Twitter user. Not tonight. Bonner, after watching FSU quarterback Jameis Winston’s bizarre post-game interview, decided she wasn’t impressed with his grip on the English language. She quickly deleted what she wrote, but plenty of people screenshotted the damage.This tweet got deleted fast by Aj McCarron’s mommy. pic.twitter.com/GjygWLs3ue— Richie (@PichieRalmer) January 7, 2014Clearly not a good look. Bonner had been vocal about her support for Auburn before the game started, but perhaps she took her newfound fanhood a bit too far.

Read More Here...

AJ's mom in the news again, this time for a comment on Jameis Winston

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf...inston-speaking-english-055812413--ncaaf.html

[h=1]AJ McCarron’s mother asks if Jameis Winston is speaking English during his postgame interview[/h]AJ McCarron’s mom, Dee Dee Bonner, made it no secret she was rooting for Auburn in Monday night’s BCS National Championship and she had some not-so-kind words for Florida State quarterback Jameis Winston as he delivered his postgame speech.

@DeeDeeBonner: Am I listening to English?

Winston, the Heisman Trophy winner, was named the game’s offensive MVP and answered a few questions for the television cameras and the crowd.

[video=youtube;7U-K21BjM58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U-K21BjM58&feature=player_embedded[/video]

"I said guys, we didn't come here for no reason,” Winston said. “I said, 'Guys, this is ours, man.' All the adversity we went through the first few quarters, it was ours to take. And like I've been saying, we control our own destiny, And those men looked me in my eye and said 'We got this Jameis.' I said, 'Are you strong?' They said, ‘I'm strong if you strong.’ I said, 'We strong then.'"

Winston went on to answer several questions and while the answers might not have been wholly articulate, they were absolutely in English.
Bonner tweeted an apology later in the evening, claiming her initial tweet was not meant to be racist.

@DeeDeeBonner: Any1 that knows our family knows we r far from racist. My tweet was not in anyway meant that way. I sincerely apologize if it offended any1

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

While not in the best taste perhaps, I don't get why people are calling this offensive or racist. It's just how the dude talks. At least it's coherent. Yall should hear my cousin down near the shore, he has the worst grammar/spelling/everything I've ever heard in my life ..

I can see why she deleted it right away though, that's the sort of comment you TEXT to a buddy if you really need to get it out, especially if you are followed by thousands of avid college football fans lol.

John copeland @Can_YouCope 17m
I'm black and I don't know what the hell Winston be talking about

Eryk Anders (@Erykanders)

what has tonight taught us? 1. #fsu can come from behind 2. To beat #auburn u must contain the edge 3. Don't let Winston speak in public...Ever

what has tonight taught us? 1. #fsu can come from behind 2. To beat #auburn u must contain the edge 3. Don't let Winston speak in public...Ever

And that Jameis Winston doesn't take no for an answer.

Speaking of things not in the best taste .. :halo:

He talks like a complete idiot. Arrogance mixed with not knowing what words mean is what you get with him. With that kind of jargon, do we honestly believe that kid earned a 4.0 in high school? I am one that does not believe that whole "it's just a text and I talk like that in those" doesn't translate into actual intelligence you have. I think if you speak and text like that, chances are you write like that as well. I bet his English I and II professors are loving those essays.

AJ McCarron’s Mother Was Not Impressed With Jameis Winston’s Grip On The English Language

Winston is not a smart man. I guess saying anything negative about black folks is racist? Please. Some people need to toughen up.

Everyone blows stuff like this out of proportion. What's stupid is all those people that are getting on AJ's mom are the same people who said shit about Courtney Upshaw in the national title game. Winston can't talk and that pre-game speech he gave in the Clemson game was even worse.

Talking is not Penis Winston's strong point. He throws a tight spiral, though. I would suggest that you mute the sound and go to close captioning for the interview part of the broadcast and just enjoy the game...not just for him, but in general. "This here ain't no oratoricalist contest"

I'm black...... When he speaks i laugh. Her comments weren't that big of a deal to me, other than what was the point. Julio Jones wasnt that great of a speaker either

One thing for sure...it doesn't look good for Penis in the civil rape case...he damned sure didn't talk her into it !

I honestly can rarely understand any of these players. They're fun to watch though.

lmao at Copeland.

I'm black...... When he speaks i laugh. Her comments weren't that big of a deal to me, other than what was the point. Julio Jones wasnt that great of a speaker either

The difference tho is Julio is fairly articulate and doesn't sound stupid, he's just a naturally shy/nervous person who doesn't seem comfortable speaking in public. Winston obviously isnt shy.

Back
Top Bottom