| NEWS Ahmaad Galloway, former Alabama Crimson Tide, Denver Broncos player’s cause of death revealed - PennLive

B

Bama News

Ever since the tragic news broke back in January that former University of Alabama and Denver Broncos running back Ahmaad Galloway was found dead in his home folks have had one question.

What took the former football star at just 42-years-old?

Well, according to TMZ, Galloway sadly died of an accidental overdose. The site said that the Office of the Medical Examiner in St. Louis said Friday that Galloway “died from a lethal combination of fentanyl, ethanol and xylazine.”

You mean in every administration since Obama
No one is denying there has been an opioid crisis and no one is arguing that the problem didn't exist before the current administration.

I will argue trying to categorize this conversation under the heading "since Obama" is categorically false. The problem started in the late 80's and early '90's under "W" and has continued to get progressively worse. It's moved in stages going from opioid abuse to heroin abuse to what we're seeing now, fentanyl. It's been in three stages covering six administrations.
Oh, but not the previous admins where fentanyl deaths increased? Makes sense
What you can't argue is the number of deaths due to fentanyl have dramatically increased (over 25% from 2020-2021) under the current administration. What can't be argued is the amount of fentanyl found today is higher than it was under past administrations—another dramatic increase.

As witnessed with auto parts, lumber, and baby formula, we've seen how disruptions to the supply line affect the end consumer. Is it your contention that this problem with fentanyl hasn't been magnified by the "open borders"—directly supporting the supply chain— when we've seen both the supply and end results grow exponentially? What I'm seeing here is a logical assumption that "if there were more security along the border, we wouldn't have a crisis of this magnitude."

BY NO MEANS take this opinion as a suggestion we need a "War on Drugs 2.0" similar to what we saw under the Reagan administration. The last thing this country needs is to get into another "war" with no chance of winning: Ukraine is too much as it is.

Xylazine is not approved for human use. It is a freaking horse tranquilizer more or less.
I'd like to read the medical records on Ahmaad. I'm curious as to what kind of pain management regime he's been on and if his current doctor has been changing his meds.

The term "accidental overdose" leaves too much to the imagination. IE: Self-medicating for pain tolerance?

No one is denying there has been an opioid crisis and no one is arguing that the problem didn't exist before the current administration.

I will argue trying to categorize this conversation under the heading "since Obama" is categorically false. The problem started in the late 80's and early '90's under "W" and has continued to get progressively worse. It's moved in stages going from opioid abuse to heroin abuse to what we're seeing now, fentanyl. It's been in three stages covering six administrations.

What you can't argue is the number of deaths due to fentanyl have dramatically increased (over 25% from 2020-2021) under the current administration. What can't be argued is the amount of fentanyl found today is higher than it was under past administrations—another dramatic increase.

As witnessed with auto parts, lumber, and baby formula, we've seen how disruptions to the supply line affect the end consumer. Is it your contention that this problem with fentanyl hasn't been magnified by the "open borders"—directly supporting the supply chain— when we've seen both the supply and end results grow exponentially? What I'm seeing here is a logical assumption that "if there were more security along the border, we wouldn't have a crisis of this magnitude."

BY NO MEANS take this opinion as a suggestion we need a "War on Drugs 2.0" similar to what we saw under the Reagan administration. The last thing this country needs is to get into another "war" with no chance of winning: Ukraine is too much as it is.
You’re right, Biden bad and the other admins not as bad. Let me guess your solution or idea is “close the borders” completely and the fentanyl problem magically goes away? Or is it more “it’ll lessen the problem because the current administration’s open border policy has already allowed it to get here too bad”. But, I’d suggest to get away from talking points like “open border” when Biden doesn’t have an open border policy, but a simple Google search would show that. It’s easier to just say you don’t like dems than to repeat the same talking points of Tucker and the rest of the right

You’re right, Biden bad and the other admins not as bad. Let me guess your solution or idea is “close the borders” completely and the fentanyl problem magically goes away? Or is it more “it’ll lessen the problem because the current administration’s open border policy has already allowed it to get here too bad”. But, I’d suggest to get away from talking points like “open border” when Biden doesn’t have an open border policy, but a simple Google search would show that. It’s easier to just say you don’t like dems than to repeat the same talking points of Tucker and the rest of the right
You're being lazy throwing "Biden bad, others not as bad" in here. Getting something wrong, like "since Obama," shouldn't trigger sarcasm. Rather, it should jump start critical thinking.

This may be an age gap not knowing how old you are. I strongly suspect the Hydromorphone craze was before your time and that was an issue under the Reagan presidency. However, an inescapable fact is we're seeing more deaths now than we have under previous administrations.

You're also suggesting I "get away from talking points like 'open border'" when I used the phrase referencing others opinions? Setting aside how much sense that doesn't make ... geez, man.

Quite frankly, delving into asinine comments like ...
and the fentanyl problem magically goes away
...in an attempt to frame my thinking...this is a lesson you can't seem to learn. I'll chalk this up to sarcasm > critical thinking.

Another thing that's inarguable to go along with earlier points: the border is not secure. The US Border Chief, yesterday, "we don't have operational control."

The belief that insecurity has largely contributed to the "fentanyl crisis" is a logical conclusion.

Gonna take a real leader to step up and quit pointing fucking fingers and block that shit out and make an actual difference. You will not find that on either side of the aisle in Washington.

I say you go take out the cartels and shed their blood on the streets. Send a message, force them to start over, and then you enact more border control and chokepoints around Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York. There seems to be more focus on allowing more people to come to this country and not protecting the ones that are already here. Yet you want to take away the guns of the people that are here and allow those that aren't here to continue killing us that are here with drugs. The focus is in the wrong place.

Gonna take a real leader to step up and quit pointing fucking fingers and block that shit out and make an actual difference. You will not find that on either side of the aisle in Washington.

I say you go take out the cartels and shed their blood on the streets.
Send a message, force them to start over, and then you enact more border control and chokepoints around Miami, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, and New York. There seems to be more focus on allowing more people to come to this country and not protecting the ones that are already here. Yet you want to take away the guns of the people that are here and allow those that aren't here to continue killing us that are here with drugs. The focus is in the wrong place.

giphy.gif

You're being lazy throwing "Biden bad, others not as bad" in here. Getting something wrong, like "since Obama," shouldn't trigger sarcasm. Rather, it should jump start critical thinking.

This may be an age gap not knowing how old you are. I strongly suspect the Hydromorphone craze was before your time and that was an issue under the Reagan presidency. However, an inescapable fact is we're seeing more deaths now than we have under previous administrations.

You're also suggesting I "get away from talking points like 'open border'" when I used the phrase referencing others opinions? Setting aside how much sense that doesn't make ... geez, man.

Quite frankly, delving into asinine comments like ...

...in an attempt to frame my thinking...this is a lesson you can't seem to learn. I'll chalk this up to sarcasm > critical thinking.

Another thing that's inarguable to go along with earlier points: the border is not secure. The US Border Chief, yesterday, "we don't have operational control."

The belief that insecurity has largely contributed to the "fentanyl crisis" is a logical conclusion.
Oh I didn’t get it wrong I just didn’t go back before Obama. It’s not being lazy if that’s how every convo you and I have had around politics goes.

As for age gap I’m 45. I was too young to remember the Reagan admin. There’s been more deaths in 2 years of the Biden admin than 4 of Trump and 8 of Obama huh? That’s simply wrong, again a simple Google search.

“in an attempt to frame my thinking….a lesson you can’t seem to learn” I’m going to continue to frame your thinking politically in this manner, so long as you continue to only dissent to my political opinions and agree with the right thinking, “if it looks like a monkey, acts like a monkey, smells like a monkey, it must be a monkey”. You can continue to say you’re “using other’s opinions“, but I’m going to continue to align you with the side you’re agreeing with.

”The border is not secure” and how do we secure to your liking? Is it as secure as the right would like? No because the only way it would be is with Trump’s magical wall and tanks on the border blasting folks that tried to cross. The border chief is right, but the biggest reasoning for that is because theres not enough agents and there won’t be even when Trump said we’d hire 10,000 (it was in the 10s of thousands not sure exact number) more agents and at the end of his admin we lost more than we gained.

The belief that border security is the reason for the fentanyl crisis is a lazy belief and a damn right wing talking point because they need a boogeyman

Oh I didn’t get it wrong I just didn’t go back before Obama. It’s not being lazy if that’s how every convo you and I have had around politics goes.
You mean in every administration since Obama
Since when has the word "since" had qualifiers that come after the fact? That was a definitive statement.

A lot of our conversations have gone similarly, you're right. You said something, I've cautioned or rebutted those comments, and you've chosen to deflect by trying to, frankly, put words in my mouth.

You threw a time frame into the conversation. It's incorrect as pointed out.
There’s been more deaths in 2 years of the Biden admin than 4 of Trump and 8 of Obama huh? That’s simply wrong, again a simple Google search
You're referencing Google again? Okay. I'll get back to this in a second ...

You literally took something I said and made up some bullshit as an answer. Here's what I mean, "putting words in my mouth." I pointed to a 25% increase in deaths from 2020-2021 in fentanyl related deaths which has happened under the current administration. I did so pointing to this increase as being dramatic. That's inarguable. I also pointed to its availability, again, inarguable.

Google. SMH.

For what it is worth, preventable deaths from drug overdoses actually dropped in '17 and continued through '19. It's taken a dramatic shift since late '19 up until today. Source: National Safety Council database.
”The border is not secure” and how do we secure to your liking? Is it as secure as the right would like? No because the only way it would be is with Trump’s magical wall and tanks on the border blasting folks that tried to cross. The border chief is right, but the biggest reasoning for that is because theres not enough agents and there won’t be even when Trump said we’d hire 10,000 (it was in the 10s of thousands not sure exact number) more agents and at the end of his admin we lost more than we gained.
Your need for sarcasm overwhelms your critical thinking as well as conversation. "...blasting folks that tried to cross." That's Cher Horowitz debate quality there. Dayum.

Back
Top Bottom