| OT AD Greg Byrne at the Shelby County Alumni Association's Kickoff Pep Rally

bama alum

Had the pleasure of hearing AD Greg Byrne speak at the Shelby County Alumni Association fall kickoff rally tonight at OLV. He asked us all to not share specifics on social media. So...

He did talk about Coach Saban retiring and the subsequent hiring of Coach DeBoer. He hinted.... somewhat about replacing Coleman and alllllllllllllll the logi$tic$ that will be needed. Talked about quite a few other sports as well. Thoroughly enjoyed talking about the new golf course, which helped keep a 5* from decommitting.

Big news: UA alumni associations have now surpassed Texas as the number one alumni group to fund scholarships. And keep in mind, quoting Byrne, "Texas has more money than the Vatican."
1723811419053.png

His wife is a freaking smoke show. She has a Dr. Jennifer Melfi kind of vibe to me. Dana Duckworth (Former Gymnastics Coach) is the same.

yo3o0OST_400x400.jpg

Fh7bh5GWQAAvDyG.jpg

Seriously asked u not to share what he talked about.
Isnt the rule " dont say it if you dont weant repeated".

Thats ridiculous

Don't know about this guy. He has done a few decent things especially a bball coach. Hope his football coach works out. But money money money.

Seriously asked u not to share what he talked about.
Isnt the rule " dont say it if you dont weant repeated".

Thats ridiculous
I'm going to mix some truth in here as an example for you.

"There have been discussion about how many seats. Some think 10K, I like the idea of 12K"

In the next hour on X, "Byrne said new the new arena is going to be 12K."

On a related note, for the same reasons I've pointed to over the last several years, Coleman isn't going anywhere. The facilities are too nice.

I'm going to mix some truth in here as an example for you.

"There have been discussion about how many seats. Some think 10K, I like the idea of 12K"

In the next hour on X, "Byrne said new the new arena is going to be 12K."

On a related note, for the same reasons I've pointed to over the last several years, Coleman isn't going anywhere. The facilities are too nice.
No. It isnt. Bama deserves a new arena.
But its never gonna happen in my life.

So pour more into Coleman. They will smile n giggle. But its still " coleman". You like. I dont. Should have been replaced years ago.
But we are a football school. And ghats the final stamp proving it

So pour more into Coleman. They will smile n giggle. But its still " coleman". You like. I dont. Should have been replaced years ago.
But we are a football school. And ghats the final stamp proving it

It means Coleman with the addition of a new arena. The new arena will just be a stand alone facility...

You simply don't listen: even to the coaches and the players who have said the same thing I have.

A basketball player that is there everyday, and you say, "No. It isn't."

(This a great example of what he doesn't want info on social media sites. People commenting and criticizing things they haven't seen nor understand.)
The new arena will just be a stand alone facility...
As in, performance ONLY.

You simply don't listen: even to the coaches and the players who have said the same thing I have.

A basketball player that is there everyday, and you say, "No. It isn't."

(This a great example of what he doesn't want info on social media sites. People commenting and criticizing things they haven't seen nor understand.)

As in, performance ONLY.
I understand fully. Players are there a year or 2. My commitment has been in excess of 65years. Thats my feeling. Not saying i am right n players are wrong. Or even you.
Coleman built in 60s. Been some nice upgrades. But......
We have travelled this road many time ...you n i terry.

Bama deserves a new bball areana. Period.
But. @Brandon Van de Graaff I just will have to see to believe it..that there will be a new arena. ...

Back
Top Bottom