| LIFE A traffic accident here Monday left me wondering about procedures with fatalities. And, this pic will shock you.

TerryP

Staff
The driver of the F-150 was dead on the scene. You'll see why.

@ElephantStomp you may be able to answer this. When you have that much damage at a scene and the driver is still inside do they remove them at the scene or somewhere else? This was still shut down eight hours after the accident...when I went by about two hours after the wreck they appeared to have the entire thing blocked off as a crime scene. No one was close to any of the vehicles.

The second picture is what's left of a SUV, the third what's left of a F-150. A lot of that debris is what's left of a Nissan Cube; literally disintegrated.

1.jpg
2.jpg2a.jpg

I have worked in different capacities of MES for over 30 years, it has always been at the scene, anywhere I have worked.
I hate being crude here considering...

In this case two of these vehicles were crushed to the point it looked like they'd been through one of those crushers we see at junk yards. It's hard to imagine what would be prying the metal apart to pull an arm out.

I thought that might be the case considering the accident happened at 11:40AM and the roads were still closed eight hours later: crime scene investigators along with 'clean up.'

@TerryP Sorry for just answering you, it’s been a shit show here since yesterday.

Every fatal car accident I’ve been on they’ve removed the victim(s) on scene. I’ve never had to be on scene for that long because here troopers take over the scene because they’re the accident reconstruction experts.

I remember when I was still a firefighter we had a call at 6:50 for a guy that fell 90 feet off a platform of an oil drilling rig and we left 13 hrs later. We left right after the coroner took the victim

That was a hell of an accident in those pics. Gracious!!

Back
Top Bottom