| FTBL A quote from the early in the game thread about Miami's game plan with Bryce Young

JMO but one of the best things #9 does is feel the pressure and uses his quick feet to slide away all the while keeping his eyes down the field and then deliver to an open receiver.

Yesterday he did the same as he did A-Day. I just hope he continues this trend. It is hard if not impossible to teach what he appears to be doing rather easily. His nature appears to not get rattled when things breakdown.

This is a very very important week for the receiving core to improve. It will be interesting to see how Nick and staff move/replace #4 on defense. This #41 looks the part of a real playa on defense (much like #31 did last year).

JMO but one of the best things #9 does is feel the pressure and uses his quick feet to slide away all the while keeping his eyes down the field and then deliver to an open receiver.

Yesterday he did the same as he did A-Day. I just hope he continues this trend. It is hard if not impossible to teach what he appears to be doing rather easily. His nature appears to not get rattled when things breakdown.

This is a very very important week for the receiving core to improve. It will be interesting to see how Nick and staff move/replace #4 on defense. This #41 looks the part of a real playa on defense (much like #31 did last year).
Drew Sanders & Will Anderson really impressed me with their “ sideline to sideline “ range.

He was mobile, but there were several times he should have tucked and run. Instead he just waited at the line of scrimmage hoping that someone would break open.
I actually like that in a dual-threat QB.

How many times did we see Jalen bail to the right sideline after his 2nd read?

A lot of dual-threats trust their legs way too much.

It was really refreshing to see him NOT panic and take off after read 2 wasn't there.

I actually like that in a dual-threat QB.

How many times did we see Jalen bail to the right sideline after his 2nd read?

A lot of dual-threats trust their legs way too much.

It was really refreshing to see him NOT panic and take off after read 2 wasn't there.
My frustration was him waiting for a receiver and there was 10-15 yards for him to gain. Instead, he waited and threw the ball to nobody. Jalen was too quick to run but it was because he never looked past the primary receiver.

My frustration was him waiting for a receiver and there was 10-15 yards for him to gain. Instead, he waited and threw the ball to nobody. Jalen was too quick to run but it was because he never looked past the primary receiver.
Absolutely. If teams make him stay in the pocket, he will be less efficient due to not being able to see the field. Look at the team picture with him standing next to Will Anderson and Blackshear. He so small it’s scary.

Absolutely. If teams make him stay in the pocket, he will be less efficient due to not being able to see the field. Look at the team picture with him standing next to Will Anderson and Blackshear. He so small it’s scary.
Height is an overblown issue with Bryce; a talking point from a lot, not all, nay-sayers. It's all about passing lanes as we've seen with a lot of big name quarterbacks; the latest in guys like Russell Wilson who's shorter than Bryce.

Pushing Young out of the pocket just highlights another of his skill sets. He's good in the pocket as well and won't have another DC like Manny throwing everything at him at once. Heck, we saw eight in the box on one down and then we saw eight dropping back in coverage on the next two downs in the second series.

Height is an overblown issue with Bryce; a talking point from a lot, not all, nay-sayers. It's all about passing lanes as we've seen with a lot of big name quarterbacks; the latest in guys like Russell Wilson who's shorter than Bryce.

Pushing Young out of the pocket just highlights another of his skill sets. He's good in the pocket as well and won't have another DC like Manny throwing everything at him at once. Heck, we saw eight in the box on one down and then we saw eight dropping back in coverage on the next two downs in the second series.

Appears Kirby will rush three or four guys to get what they need. Clemson was overwhelmed by the blitz. That'll be later in the season, so injuries and experience will be a lot different, but Georgia will give us more looks than Miami, and have the athletes to cause more issues.

I saw a article that said specifically ..... they went back to HS films....
Knowing it...planing for it....seeing it....all different than stopping it...
A week before kick Diaz said they'd attack Young two ways: pull everyone back, let him sit in the pocket, and wait for mistakes. Secondly, it was exotic blitz packages hoping to push him out of the pocket, get flustered, and wait for mistakes.

IF they watched ANY of his high school tape they'd have known neither these two fit with who Bryce is as a quarterback. Coincidentally, these are the things I've been pointing to since he announced he was attending UA.

The third prong of their defensive scheme was run blitz (also pointed out in the pre-game thread) which they ran almost constantly in the latter part of the contest.

An easy summation of the game from Miami's perspective.

Were you ready for Bryce Young?

No.

A week before kick Diaz said they'd attack Young two ways: pull everyone back, let him sit in the pocket, and wait for mistakes. Secondly, it was exotic blitz packages hoping to push him out of the pocket, get flustered, and wait for mistakes.

IF they watched ANY of his high school tape they'd have known neither these two fit with who Bryce is as a quarterback. Coincidentally, these are the things I've been pointing to since he announced he was attending UA.

The third prong of their defensive scheme was run blitz (also pointed out in the pre-game thread) which they ran almost constantly in the latter part of the contest.

An easy summation of the game from Miami's perspective.

Were you ready for Bryce Young?

No.
Strange...uh!
But....thats what they said....
see if others have any luck....he is pretty smooth

Back
Top Bottom