| OT A Gun Thread

I was robbed at gunpoint years ago on the job. Pulled out of my car, 1 perp across the hood of my car with a 9mm pointed at my torso, and another thug with a sawed off 12 gauge in my face. I was forced prone to the ground, and my wallet was taken. When I was barked the question of if I had more money in my car, the dude buried the shotgun in the base of my skull. They took off with ~$200 and my phone.

After that, I told myself "Never again will I be a victim".

So I began shopping.

I'm 6'8" with massive hands, but wanted something fully concealable in AIWB orientation. After trying M&P Shield and Sig p365 among others, the grips were just too small in my hands.

I held a Taurus G2C, and it was perfect.

Sure, there are haters. Some rightfully so. 10+years ago, there were issues with some of their early entries into the handgun market. Mainly the PT111 Millennium. Taurus bought a 1911 factory in Brazil, and totally changed their game for the better. The G2C had been out for some time, so I educated my decision for several months with virtually all positive reviews across the board.

So, I "pulled the trigger".

2,000-ish rounds of downrange training later, and the only issues I've had was a FTF. Racked the slide to eject, same issue. Tried a 2nd mag, same issue. I'd eventually purchased 7 mags in addition to the 2 that came with the gun. Noticed the issues I had were with 2 original (oldest) mags, and they also had the most carbon buildup on the follower. Lol. Took them apart at home, cleaned them, no more issues.

Last year I bought the next-gen G3C. Haven't trained nearly as much with it, but so far between both gens, I've shot every kind of dirty junk-cased ammo available and outside of realizing I need to clean the mags on occasion, I've had zero issues. Sometimes I'd go 2-3 range trips (200-300 rounds per trip) between pistol cleanings, just lubing up, and zero issues.

Solid pistol for my needs at a great price point, and accurate. I've never trained beyond 25-ish yards (usually within 15). But it's concealed carry for close-quarters defense within 3-7 yards, so it's more than adequate. Not a heavy trigger at all, and it has solid travel and a clean break, with minimal reset take-up.

Not bad at all for a $250-300 hand cannon.

My rig:
IMG_20230123_105541588_HDR.jpg

Question for concealed/open carriers:

One in the pipe, or nah?

I'm always carrying mag capacity (12), +1.

Last edited:
I was robbed at gunpoint years ago on the job. Pulled out of my car, 1 perp across the hood of my car with a 9mm pointed at my torso, and another thug with a sawed off 12 gauge in my face. I was forced prone to the ground, and my wallet was taken. When I was barked the question of if I had more money in my car, the dude buried the shotgun in the base of my skull. They took off with ~$200 and my phone.

So I began shopping.

I'm 6'8" with massive hands, but wanted something fully concealable in AIWB orientation. After trying M&P Shield and Sig p365 among others, the grips were just too small in my hands.

Sure, there are haters. Some rightfully so. 10+years ago, there were issues with some of their early entries into the handgun market. Mainly the PT111 Millennium. Taurus bought a 1911 factory in Brazil, and totally changed their game for the better. The G2C had been out for some time, so I educated my decision for several months with virtually all positive reviews across the board.

2,000-ish rounds of downrange training later, and the only issues I've had was a FTF. Racked the slide to eject, same issue. Tried a 2nd mag, same issue. I'd eventually purchased 7 mags in addition to the 2 that came with the gun. Noticed the issues I had were with 2 original (oldest) mags, and they also had the most carbon buildup on the follower. Lol. Took them apart at home, cleaned them, no more issues.

Last year I bought the next-gen G3C. Haven't trained nearly as much with it, but so far between both gens, I've shot every kind of dirty junk-cased ammo available and outside of realizing I need to clean the mags on occasion, I've had zero issues. Sometimes I'd go 2-3 range trips (200-300 rounds per trip) between pistol cleanings, just lubing up, and zero issues.

Solid pistol for my needs at a great price point, and accurate. I've never trained beyond 25-ish yards (usually within 15). But it's concealed carry for close-quarters defense within 3-7 yards, so it's more than adequate. Not a heavy trigger at all, and it has solid travel and a clean break, with minimal reset take-up.

My rig:
View attachment 23249

One in the pipe, or nah?

My carry is a Springfield Arms XD mod 2, like the no manual safety, the backstrap is enough. Never had a FTF.

So I began shopping.

My rig:
View attachment 23249

One in the pipe, or nah?

One in the pipe? Yes. Unless you can guarantee you'll have time to rack the slide when you draw. And we both know the answer to that question.

Is that Tier 1 holster?

One in the pipe, or nah?
Yep, always. I carry a 1911; 1 in the chamber and 8 in the mag. Plus I carry 2 extra mags.

The only guns I own that don't have one in the chamber are my hd shotgun, my AR, and my bolt action rifle. The AR and bolt action are stored in a case, so they don't even have magazines in them. My shotgun (semi-auto Mossberg 930 JM) is tube-loaded, I just have to pull the charging handle back to chamber a shell and it's ready to go.

So I began shopping.

My rig:
View attachment 23249

One in the pipe, or nah?

I’m a +1 kind of guy!! I’m not going to waste time to rack one up!

I’m a +1 kind of guy!! I’m not going to waste time to rack one up!
I conceal so well with virtually zero print, I carry pravtically everywhere, except for maybe school functions.

Malls? Theaters? You bet yer arse, I carry.

Now that Bama is a Constitutional Carry state, it makes navigating these self-declared businesses that privately choose "Gun Free" much easier to navigate any repercussions that might stem from a self-defense shooting.

I conceal so well with virtually zero print, I carry pravtically everywhere, except for maybe school functions.

Malls? Theaters? You bet yer arse, I carry.

Now that Bama is a Constitutional Carry state, it makes navigating these self-declared businesses that privately choose "Gun Free" much easier to navigate any repercussions that might stem from a self-defense shooting.
I even carry at our church. Carry a .380 6+1 S&W Bodyguard

I just picked up the Ruger 10/22 Takedown, ordered it through Academy, with the flash suppressor so I can put a can on it later should I choose. I'm getting the magpul X-22 Backpacker stock to go with it to make a little more compact, it's an easy switch and allows you to store ammo in the stock and nest the barrel. Pretty neat magpul video:

So I began shopping.

My rig:
View attachment 23249

One in the pipe, or nah?

Always one in the pipe.

Back
Top Bottom