| OT A Gun Thread

My thoughts.
A clip is removable from a weapon to be reloaded, whereas the magazine is part of the weapon and can't be removed to be reloaded.
??????
If you didn't know ...

There are two types of magazines, removable and internal.

The clip makes loading the magazine easier and quicker. It's more of a storage device than anything. Imagine flipping the clip and putting it on top of the magazine...or check the video out.

clip-versus-magazine

I have a Ruger 10/22 takedown on order with Academy, been wanting one for a while. I'm going to drop some money with Silencer Central and get in line for the Ruger Silent SR integrally suppressed barrel.

In retirement, I'm going to shoot squirrels in my yard.

@It Takes Eleven
So awesome....geeze

Inherited guns
Ms50+ dad left her the top one
Ruger 22....single six
She prefers to carry her glock43x ....its lighter

Bottom...
My brother left me ..he was gun nut...
Ruger blackhawk. 45 cal....

View attachment 20592

I reallylike the glock 44. Shots 22LR
Can shoot all day without breaking bank
Looks like glock 19 but much lighter
Fun target pistol
View attachment 20593
I had a .45 Ruger Blackhawk years ago. Man, that was a good shooting gun.

I have a few guns from my LE time, an AR and a 9mm.

Have three Benelli shotguns that I use for waterfowl hunting and pheasants

I shoot birds and clays with the Remington 1100 my Dad gave me about 44 years ago.

My Dad loved shotguns, from the heavy, Depression-era Winchester Model 37 single barrels, his old L.C. Smith side by side, and a collection of either Browning Auto 5's or Remingtons made on Browning's patent. When my Dad would talk guns, he would always mention if the Auto 5 he was holding was "a Belgian-made Browning" or not. I grew up only knowing that phrase from my Dad.

About six years ago, some buddies turned me on to the Turnpike Troubadours, a red dirt Oklahoma country/Americana band. We were at a bar and one of them played "The Bird Hunters" on the jukebox, and the line "with my hands around a Belgian-made Browning" just about knocked me down. The whole song connects with me on more than one level, including the near-miss of almost marrying the wrong girl, "if you'd married that girl, you'd have married her family. You dodged a bullet, my friend". They're an everyman band, great lyrics.

Took my oldest boy to CMP for the clays last year, I took the 1100 and he took an 84-year old Auto 5, so the average age of our guns was a bit over 60.

Back
Top Bottom