| OT A Gun Thread

Yon has really gone to pot since his Iraq reporting. One of his best articles is when then-LTC Kurilla was shot in Mosul. Unfortunately, it looks like his old blog is redirecting to a gambling site.
The place I catch him the most is Natural News and Health ranger.. The Alternative Media is really the only choice he has now.. The imbed reporting and interviews,he is doing in Panama is very eye opening..

Wild clip.

Yes, both of those guys could have been dead. But, that's not what struck me immediately!

Line of fire, asshole!! Geez. (He either has that on safe, or it misfired. His friend? A dumbass.)

To all honorably discharge veterans.. now with a copy of your DD 214 or veterans affairs cards you can buy blue label Glocks.. the same used by law enforcement and military personnel.. a discounted price with a third additional magazine.

I'm not saying that there aren't some dumbass officers in the Navy cause Lord knows I've met and dealt with my share but there's a few issues with this guy's observation.
1. There are scopes that are mounted this way and I would bet money the GM who mounted this scope did it correctly.
2. What he's calling a lens cap could easily be a filter.
3. While the shoulder placement is high imo, different strokes for different folks, long as he can hit what he's aiming at ....
4. Maybe he can't hear and the hand on his shoulder is a signal not to fire until they let go or to cease fire when touched, there's some loud ass spaces on a boat.
5. I shoot with my glasses on in bright conditions and it doesn't get much brighter than where he's at.
6. We're all trained in small arms but if it's up to the Navy to win or lose a war with small arms we're seriously fucked.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that there aren't some dumbass officers in the Navy cause Lord knows I've met and dealt with my share but there's a few issues with this guy's observation.
1. There are scopes that are mounted this way and I would bet money the GM who mounted this scope did it correctly.
2. What he's calling a lens cap could easily be a filter.
3. While the shoulder placement is high imo, different strokes for different folks, long as he can hit what he's aiming at ....
4. Maybe he can't hear and the hand on his shoulder is a signal not to fire until they let go or to cease fire when touched, there's some loud ass spaces on a boat.
5. I shoot with my glasses on in bright conditions and it doesn't get much brighter than where he's at.
6. We're all trained in small arms but if it's up to the Navy to win or lose a war with small arms we're seriously fucked.

As spot on as you are about rebuffing the tweet on points 1-5 (A++ job there), you absolutely nailed #6... Why can't they show us a double mini-gun turrent tracking a rocket? That'd be something worth watching!

@Krimson agree that I think the scope is mounted properly. For scopes with just windage and elevation they are always on top and on the RHS. I know some of the more high dollar scopes will have some other adjustments for focal plane or maybe MIL vs MOA......but typically that is what is on the LHS.

@Krimson agree that I think the scope is mounted properly. For scopes with just windage and elevation they are always on top and on the RHS. I know some of the more high dollar scopes will have some other adjustments for focal plane or maybe MIL vs MOA......but typically that is what is on the LHS.
Believe it or not.. a Thermal scope is built backwards.. I don't believe that one above is thermal though..example..1713016298290.jpeg

Last edited:

No batteries needed.. combat proven by IDF..good deal

I wish the mags for my Sig would drop below $45-$50/ea. You'd think they made them out of gold or titanium. And it doesn't even matter how many rounds they hold. The 15-round is the same price as the 20-round.
Try gundeals or gun engine…Ammo try ammoseek.com… btw mecgar mags are cheaper and make the factory sig mags..

Back
Top Bottom