| TV/MOVIES/MUSIC A few years ago: "Hamilton gets rave reviews." Today: "Hamilton needs to be canceled." They do eat their own.

While I loathe the Cancel Culture it's a movement that can't won't be stopped by anyone. The only way it dies is when the snake has nothing left to go after and eats itself. That will eventually happen over time (of course there may be nothing left on Earth by then but Taylor Swift songs, LeBron jerseys, and Whole Food stores). But, we are already seeing it and the Hamilton stuff is a perfect example (wasn't that long ago the Hamilton cast was trying to humiliate the Vice President). Canceling all these sports nicknames and traditions will be another (to a degree). It's going to start pissing more and more folks off that have supported their shortsighted movement. When they keep eating their own though, like with JK Rowling, they will soon find themselves with just their own tail to swallow.

The thing about cancel culture is that as it eats more, it also creates more people who start not caring. It becomes too easy to fall prey to them and every perceived sin is something that you can never recover from. Right now, you must know the rules about what will be unacceptable in 500 years or be branded as an irredeemable sinner. Folks get tired of it. At some point we don't care anymore. For example, if I am going to be called racist just for being white, then why do I care to help protest for black rights or anything else for any other race? I will still be a sinner in their eyes and anything I do is expected as atonement for being born the wrong race. Call me whatever. I'll do what is best for me and mine and not worry about others anymore.

Back
Top Bottom