| FTBL A-Day Game attendance

I'm expecting close to last years numbers. The "new" might have worn off a little bit since CNS was hired, but with this last recruiting class the fan interest is just as high or higher than last year I think

Don't know if they'll be "turning people away" at the gates again, but sure would be nice to have 92,000+ again this year. Some of Coach Saban's brand spanking new packaging has worn off from a year ago.

RTR!

I expect to see a very good turnout, but it will surprise me if it is anywhere close to what was there last year. I was also only expecting to see about 50 or 60 thousand last year, so I could be wrong.

I bet it's a packed house. I at least hope so, this coming from a guy living in Los Angeles. I'd love to be able to go to an A-day game. If you have tickets go!

whistler said:
mine said:
I'm looking for a full house as well. I know I'm pumped and I just figure that every other Bama fan is as well.

Optimus said:
If you have tickets go!
No tickets needed bro, It's free... :D
You have to think it crossed Mal's mind to start charging after last year.

A full house to showcase the program to recruits is worth more than the half million $5 a head would bring.

It's great PR. I highly recommend it. aubrun might want to start comping a few thousand regular season seats to paper their home games and give the appearance of a sellout.

RTR,

Tim

I think we will have a fairly decent attendance :) I just hope the concession stands are prepared :) running out of water 5 minutes in SUCKS!!!

It Takes Eleven said:
whistler said:
mine said:
I'm looking for a full house as well. I know I'm pumped and I just figure that every other Bama fan is as well.

Optimus said:
If you have tickets go!
No tickets needed bro, It's free... :D
You have to think it crossed Mal's mind to start charging after last year.

A full house to showcase the program to recruits is worth more than the half million $5 a head would bring.

It's great PR. I highly recommend it. aubrun might want to start comping a few thousand regular season seats to paper their home games and give the appearance of a sellout.

RTR,

Tim
Our problem is getting the people in JHS. Most people are happy to sit outside, party and watch/listen to the game on the TV or Radio

Chris4x4Gill2 said:
I agree....alot of Auburn games are sellouts....its the attendance thats not so high since even people with tickets dont seem to go to the game. Plus the mass exodus at halftime.

All I know is that at least one of their SEC games had rows of unsold seats the Thursday before game day.

It says more about the program, and less about the party, when folks would rather hang in the pasture instead of watch the game.

Chris4x4Gill2 said:
I agree....alot of Auburn games are sellouts....its the attendance thats not so high since even people with tickets dont seem to go to the game. Plus the mass exodus at halftime.

Just because they give 8000 tickets away to the girl scouts on a Friday afternoon before a game or call it a sellout in a press release, doesn't make it a sellout.

Porterhouse said:
Chris4x4Gill2 said:

Just because they give 8000 tickets away to the girl scouts on a Friday afternoon before a game or call it a sellout in a press release, doesn't make it a sellout.

Yeah, but those 8,000 girl scouts who don't show for the game sure know how to party in the pasture.

It Takes Eleven said:
Porterhouse said:
Chris4x4Gill2 said:

Yeah, but those 8,000 girl scouts who don't show for the game sure know how to party in the pasture.

Hoedown badge.

Back
Top Bottom