| FTBL A couple of Saturday rambling thoughts (not all Bama football)

bamafan4ever

Staff
"It takes a tough program with tough people", said the VANDY coach Clark Lee.....while crying after the Kentucky game. At the end of the day, Kentucky is who they are.

Perkins from LSwho is simply a beast. Wish we would have gotten him. (Dustin Poirier is still the toughest dude in Louisiana though) Fact.

BAMA looked more like BAMA at moments with our running attack in the second half. Miss those days.

Ladd McConkey from UGA is surprisingly good.

tOSU/Meechigan? Who ya got?

Texas aTm is just a little better than Auburn, LOL.

Hoping for an upset in the SECCG.

Takeo Spikes. How did he get job on TV?

Last edited:
"It takes a tough program with tough people", said the VANDY coach Clark Lee.....while crying after the Kentucky game. At the end of the day, Kentucky is who they are.
But he beat and SEC!
Perkins from LSwho is simply a beast. Wish we would have gotten him. (Dustin Poirier is still the toughest dude in Louisiana though) Fact.
He a beast!
BAMA looked more like BAMA at moments with our running attack in the second half. Miss those days.
I argee!
Ladd McConkey from UGA is surprisingly good.
Maybe!
tOSU/Meechigan? Who ya got?
tOSt being at the horseshoe!
Texas aTm is just a little better than Auburn, LOL.
Just a bit!
Hoping for an upset in the SECCG.
Hoping so!
Takeo Spikes. How did he get job on TV?
Hed replace a barner coach.

Last edited:
I’ll bite on a few.

Perkins is definitely a beast and I definitely wish we had gotten him … but his skills might have been less evident with Bama this season.

Unfortunately, Bama has only looked like Bama in many areas for only minutes, quarters or halves.

McConkey and players like him are a big reason why I still love college football better than any other sports offerings.

OSU

I don’t think A&M is much better than UMass much less Auburn.

I have no idea how Spikes got on TV but I can’t imagine he stays long. It’s embarrassing.

The funniest thing about the Kentucky loss is the, "Will Levis is a top 5 pick!" army that has been pretty relentless since forming in the spring. I'm not going to say the guy can't end up as a good NFL QB, but other than his frame (which is a dime a dozen model), he's done nothing to earn such slobbering accolades.

Perkins is nasty. His stat line of 8 tackles, 4 sacks, 1 QBH, 1 PBU, 2 FF is the only reason Byron Young won't get SEC DPOTW (unless they share it which is possible).

Funny you mention McConkey... I don't think anyone realized how valuable Slade Bolden would have been to this year's offense. A guy that Bryce could trust to be in the right spots would have absolutely helped the offense move the sticks more. But, hindsight and all that...

I lean Ohio State, but it isn't a strong lean. If they played in Ann Arbor, it would be no lean at all. I'm not a big Harbaugh fan, but I will give him credit for finding his way off the plank and finally getting the Wolverines tuned into what many thought he would.

The season fiinally starts for the Suckeyes and the Meatchickens. The little10 is so pathetic outside of these two....now and then PSU and Whiskey show promise but for the most part the league sucks. I wish sometimes we could play in that kind of league, pretty much practice games all year and then the big one.

Good thoughts

Wish we had the ole ms freshmen running back. Missed there

Watching AU beat A$M was funny. Really bad teams and the cheerleaders interim HC was funny. And the remember of a play in 2002 iron bowl. Lol. But got bored. Went to bed

OSU over Michigan. Close then both make CFPs. Keep Tennessee out hopefully

Bama vs Clemson in orange bowl. Maybe

Vandy/UK take- Good to see Vandy actually win a game. The Levis talk is comical like @Brandon Van de Graaff said.
Perkins has stepped up his game, but I will add that he is being used properly. I somehow see Golding screwing that up if Perkins was on our roster.
The run game in the 2nd half did show signs of the past. Maybe the ass chewing that Bryce and Coach Saban gave on the sidelines had some affect. @50+yeartidefan while we may have missed on that kid, who’s to say that BoB would’ve used him properly.
McConkey is pretty good and is being used to take pressure off of their top guys. Can’t double Bowers and let McConkey roam free. As stated before, Bolden could’ve been that security blanket for Bryce.
While I like neither team, I’d like to see Michigan beat tOSU.
A&M/Barn game was just painful/comical at the same time. Two shitty teams with Fisher robbing A&M blind and Barners acting like they just won the Natty!!😂 Crayola Cadillac is a great cheerleader, but he ain’t no HC!!
Unless UGA gets lost on the way to the Benz Dome, the Tigahs won’t win.
ESPN felt sorry for him I guess. Spikes may have been a pretty good player, but he doesn’t bring any insight to the table, or anything intelligible.

Judkins is really good, but don't overlook Jamarion Miller. I know he's only gotten a few carries for Bama this year, but he runs with some authority... a guy that can really make some things happen between the tackles (something Bama has been especially missing in short yardage situations this year) down the road.

#2 and #5 seemingly ran harder in this game than I have seen them.

Only item I will comment on, Spikes is a barner so by definition he i spathetic. I recall him running his mouth with foul language during his playing career so no idea how he got the ESPN gig other than some Barner must be in charge at ESPN.

aTm sucks worse than Vanderbilt. They played like shit all night, just like the barn. And aTm STILL had a chance to win! Now the idiot barners are naturally going off the deep end over that incoherent cheerleading goofball. Why Because they beat a piss poor aTM team by 3 that is probably even worse than Missouri? It's not like this was Georgia they beat. Now they are trash talking up a storm about the Iron Bowl. Suddenly they forget that just like we play badly when the game is at Jordan hare, they play badly in Tuscaloosa. Crayola can NOT cheerlead them to win over us.

1668437922937.png

Jimbo is 37-21 at A&M since his last year at FSU when he went 5-6. To say A&M overpaid for this awful coach is an understatement. Blame those responsible for agreeing to his terms. Side note: Jameis Winston made Jimbo's family rich for generations to come. Talk about lucky.

This won’t be well received, but though Bryce and Gibbs are supremely talented, their particular skill sets are part of why this offense has no identity.

With the RPO structure, you have to have a RB who can hammer the ball inside and get the tough yards. That isn’t Gibbs. And though Gibbs is a fantastic receiver, he’s poor at blitz pick up.

Bryce is so smart they have to let him audible at will but that is what leads to the play clock always winding down. Bryce is also not a guy they want on called runs, So the zone read RPO game doesn’t hold backside defenders, and our starting RB doesn’t pick up tough yards after contact.

What I don’t get is where all the slant/glance routes have been all year off the RPOs? That’s supposed to be the equalizer.

I believe next year there will be a more physical, more traditional run game, and more standard play action and boot game that Sark ran

Back
Top Bottom