| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - April 16th thru April 30th (DB Kam Howard commits to Bama.)

Jaden Rashada back in the Portal. Third school in a year. Signed with Florida and then released for NIL, went to Arizona State who was a favorite out of high school, and now back in the Portal.
To be fair, it's his second school. He didn't enroll at Florida. And, as crazy as things were with Florida and the competing collectivesā€”an unorganized cluster phuckā€”I can't blame him for wanting out.

Here's something to be commended. He's a lot like Moore that just transferred to Oregon.

It looks like Jaden has come to the realization that he needs development and he's willing to sit behind a starter until it's his turn. Moore had the starting job at UCLA and chose to sit behind Gabriel. (And, quite frankly, we all know Ty could be starting at a lot of schools and has chosen to sit behind Jalen...Dylan choosing to sit behind Ty.)

Perhaps I'm being optimistic.

To be fair, it's his second school. He didn't enroll at Florida. And, as crazy as things were with Florida and the competing collectivesā€”an unorganized cluster phuckā€”I can't blame him for wanting out.

Here's something to be commended. He's a lot like Moore that just transferred to Oregon.

It looks like Jaden has come to the realization that he needs development and he's willing to sit behind a starter until it's his turn. Moore had the starting job at UCLA and chose to sit behind Gabriel. (And, quite frankly, we all know Ty could be starting at a lot of schools and has chosen to sit behind Jalen...Dylan choosing to sit behind Ty.)

Perhaps I'm being optimistic.

When you get into making a decision on money alone, you're bound to get screwed. It's a bigger picture than the almighty dollar and he learned that, atleast with the Florida decision. I'm not giving him the respect Ty Simpson is showing simply because of the Florida issue and the fact he's leaving Arizona State. Ty has stuck it out for going on three years now at one school, even with the money being offered, and starting position undoubtedly being offered. As I said, it was a top school of his from the beginning, so I feel there is more than just development at the forefront of all this. In the end, I really don't care, it just shows a lot when these guys hop, skip, and jump around.

Supposedly UGA rumored to be looking into Rashada..maybe that means Julian Lewis will be between us and USC then. One can hope.

I've always thought we had the inside track for Lewis, honestly the USC commitment threw me for a loop. He's been coming to games/events since he was 9 at Bama.

Alabama lands Lou Groza Award-winning kicker Graham Nicholson through transfer portal

Alabama has landed the nation's top kicker through the NCAA transfer portal.

Miami (Ohio)'s Graham Nicholson, who won the Lou Groza Award as the nation's best kicker last season, announced Sunday evening on X he is transferring to Alabama. Ohio State was also reported to be in contention for Nicholson, who is a Cincinnati, Ohio native.

Nicholson will replace Will Reichard, who is headed to the NFL draft after finishing last season as a finalist for the Groza Award but falling short to Nicholson.

Nicholson, who has one season of eligibility remaining, entered the transfer portal in December before withdrawing and re-entering the portal Friday. He is the Tide's first transfer portal addition of the spring portal window (April 16-30) and ninth scholarship player to transfer to Alabama this offseason. Alabama has yet to lose a scholarship player to the portal during the spring window.

Nicholson made 27 of 28 field goals last season, missing only a 48-yard attempt in the MAC championship game against Toledo. Nicholson's 96.4% conversion rate ranked third in the country among kickers with at least one attempt per game, and he converted 35 of his 37 extra points.

Alabama lands Lou Groza Award-winning kicker Graham Nicholson through transfer portal

Alabama has landed the nation's top kicker through the NCAA transfer portal.

Miami (Ohio)'s Graham Nicholson, who won the Lou Groza Award as the nation's best kicker last season, announced Sunday evening on X he is transferring to Alabama. Ohio State was also reported to be in contention for Nicholson, who is a Cincinnati, Ohio native.

Nicholson will replace Will Reichard, who is headed to the NFL draft after finishing last season as a finalist for the Groza Award but falling short to Nicholson.

Nicholson, who has one season of eligibility remaining, entered the transfer portal in December before withdrawing and re-entering the portal Friday. He is the Tide's first transfer portal addition of the spring portal window (April 16-30) and ninth scholarship player to transfer to Alabama this offseason. Alabama has yet to lose a scholarship player to the portal during the spring window.

Nicholson made 27 of 28 field goals last season, missing only a 48-yard attempt in the MAC championship game against Toledo. Nicholson's 96.4% conversion rate ranked third in the country among kickers with at least one attempt per game, and he converted 35 of his 37 extra points.

To me, this might be one of the biggest gets for us in the portal.

One thing for sure a kicker can make or break at team.. For some reason, it used to be Auburn that made sure they had a great kickerā€¦Not having a ā€œmere good ā€œ kicker here, has killed our seasons many times..

Say what you want, this kid is still riding Sanders's coat tails.

He has a point: he was signed at Colorado for the exposure. He's a talented kid with reason's the staff didn't want him in Tuscaloosa.

Back
Top Bottom