| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - April 16th thru April 30th (DB Kam Howard commits to Bama.)

I'm not worried about him at all. He didn't dress Saturday: call it a "settled position."
Don't know if you saw some of the videos he posted and some of the camps he worked with over the off-season before spring. He was nailing some incredible punts, like 40-50 yards right on the sideline inside the 5 type punts. He might be a JK Scott type weapon for us this year.

Don't know if you saw some of the videos he posted and some of the camps he worked with over the off-season before spring. He was nailing some incredible punts, like 40-50 yards right on the sideline inside the 5 type punts. He might be a JK Scott type weapon for us this year.

Spill some beans. Who are we thinking will hit the portal on a national level that might cause some waves? This is like the new Signing Day with anticipation.

Spill some beans. Who are we thinking will hit the portal on a national level that might cause some waves? This is like the new Signing Day with anticipation.

Will Johnson is a name I keep hearing as jumping in the portal and we've got at least to my knowledge a leg up on others. He's best friends with Domani Jackson and Sabb just came here who he's also friends with.

I know Mason Graham was floated around also, but I haven't heard anything since the earlier window about him. He was already rumored to be interested in Alabama as a destination, I believe Morgan recruited him at one point. If he does jump, I'd love to have him. Great Interior D-lineman from Michigan.

Those are the two I'm most interested in, outside of that there's going to be a ton of quality names floating around. Some just started to hit the portal tonight that we may kick the tires on. I know the list we're working with and we'll see what comes of it. Interested to see who we target and who we lose.

For those of you that were still worried despite my constant assurances...he's not going anywhere folks

That is really amazing to me, and it speaks to the young man's character. In this era of me first, instant gratification, it's refreshing to see some guys who still believe in old fashioned ideas of team first, and being a part of something bigger than yourself. I hope he gets an opportunity to shine. He deserves it. Other players like Malachi Moore and Deontae Lawson are the same kind of kid. Good character and determination.

I think it's more of fans creating false narrative about a player... They spend so much saying Ty Simpson will transfer out if he doesn't win the job, but thats assumption. The fact we haven't heard much since the portal opened at midnight surprised me.

That is really amazing to me, and it speaks to the young man's character. In this era of me first, instant gratification, it's refreshing to see some guys who still believe in old fashioned ideas of team first, and being a part of something bigger than yourself. I hope he gets an opportunity to shine. He deserves it. Other players like Malachi Moore and Deontae Lawson are the same kind of kid. Good character and determination.

Simpson is a redshirt Sophmore with two more years ahead of him. I can see him playing the long game as eventual starter in '25 & '26. And I agree, he'd be the exception at playing the long game.

For what it's worth, the last 4 national championship QB's all played the long game.

Simpson is a redshirt Sophmore with two more years ahead of him. I can see him playing the long game as eventual starter in '25 & '26. And I agree, he'd be the exception at playing the long game.

For what it's worth, the last 4 national championship QB's all played the long game.
Bingo.....stick this fall and see how it goes and if things fall his way great. If not, he can still play 2 years at another program.

There are expectations that some huge names could end up making moves out of their current programs. This will leave openings that teams will then look to fill elsewhere.

This could have impacts on several Big 12 teams.

The SEC has already set up a rule that requires a player to sit out one season if they transfer within the SEC. So where are SEC teams going to start looking? Likely the Big Ten or the Big 12. However, Big Ten teams are likely, in many cases, to have the NIL money they need to keep the players they want to keep. The Big 12? Maybe not as much.

The Big 12 is primed to be poached by the the SEC or Big Ten in the days ahead. I donā€™t want it, but I am prepared for it. And I also fear the ACC could suffer the same fate. Meantime, itā€™s also not impossible for the SEC and Big Ten to begin poaching from each other.

But regardless, if the next two weeks turn into a chaotic bloodbath, it will be the best thing to happen to the sports.

Back
Top Bottom