| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - April 16th thru April 30th (DB Kam Howard commits to Bama.)

I caught this:
premier defensive player in the sport right now going to be on cover lot of preseason magazine and all America- pre-season and he's on the market and his team doesn't even know it. Gotta think Travis Hunter, Will Johnson, Caleb Downs?

No telling... pretty much anyone who is a major contributor has been contacted in some shape or form, then it's do they listen or respectfully decline. Harold Perkins for example... I've heard several teams have inquired about his services, but I'm not sure if he's interested in leaving or not.

Alabama football's Kalen DeBoer reveals positions of need in spring transfer portal - Tuscaloosa Magazine

On Tuesday, around 48 hours after Alabama football holds its annual A-Day spring scrimmage, the NCAA's spring transfer portal will open for 15 days. It allows players to enter their names for a potential transfer, with the right to withdraw their name if they later opt to remain where they are.

And Alabama will be active.

Crimson Tide coach Kalen DeBoer identified two positions at which UA will be seeking help from spring transfers.

"I'd say the defensive backfield, we're probably a guy short or so. Offensive line, probably a guy short from the numbers that you'd typically see, and (short) from where we want to be," DeBoer said.

More specifically, look for UA to add a cornerback and an offensive tackle, if not more than one. The Crimson Tide lost its top three cornerbacks from last season's SEC championship team (Terrion Arnold, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Trey Amos), as well as its top offensive tackle in J.C. Latham. UA's starter at left tackle last year, Kadyn Proctor, has announced he plans to return to Alabama after transferring to Iowa following the retirement of former coach Nick Saban. Proctor, however, might not be the only addition at a tackle position that's short on game experience. UA's top offensive guard, Tyler Booker, said earlier this week that he's got some practice time at tackle as well.

As for other possibilities, DeBoer said he's braced for potential departures as well. That should be expected from at least a few players who opted to stay at UA for the spring to consider whether to play for DeBoer and his staff.

"We'll take a look and evaluate. You never know. There might be some guys on our roster who could surprise us as well," DeBoer added. "We've just got to continue to be fluid, be ready to adjust, and continue to keep our eyes open for what's out there when that time comes."

I believe we'll see two, maybe three more players hit the portal. I'm not expecting a lot of "mayhem" on Bama's roster.
I think we'll be interested in at least a few additions. I could see 1 D-line type pick-up and 1 - DB pick-up at least before the portal closes.

Final piece would be a WR

Not sure what your thoughts are but that's the 3 spots I could see us bringing in from the portal. I know Bama is set to lose probably 3 from the portal this go around.

I think we'll be interested in at least a few additions. I could see 1 D-line type pick-up and 1 - DB pick-up at least before the portal closes.

Final piece would be a WR

Not sure what your thoughts are but that's the 3 spots I could see us bringing in from the portal. I know Bama is set to lose probably 3 from the portal this go around.
We're not too far off, I don't think. CKD touched on this a bit.

WR: It probably deserves an asterisk. It would have to be one of "those guys" with the right skill set, ya know?

DL: Agreed. But, like the WR position, it'll have to be that right fit. If they find a guy or two it'll be tough to pull them as highly sought after as the position is today. I'd bet they are looking at tackles.

DB: There are a few pretty big names about to hit the portal: P5 guys.

TE: Again, the right guy. There was one on campus recently, Wolf.

I'm not sure what to make of the kicking position. After A-day, I'd think they're looking.

I'm not sure what to make of the kicking position. After A-day, I'd think they're looking.
I think they're saying they have 2-3 guys they trust to kick it? I'm unsure of the message that was sent there either. I know Burnip has looked spectacular according to reports for punting, been pinning it deep and might've got more distance+hang time this year.

That scrimmage I saw I wasn't exactly impressed with what I saw, but conflicting tweets and reports had me wondering if I saw what I thought I saw.
Yea, only thing I've heard on the kicking front is about Burnip making a lot of progress this year on punting and looking like a weapon for us. That's about it.

Back
Top Bottom