| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Started most of last year, played in 9 this year but only started 5. Looks like he feels he deserves more playing time, not sure of the upside but definitely fits the mold for what we might want to replace Latham if Mcvay and Pritchett aren't up to the task.

Look at the weak QB class for transfer portal. Many of them will be a backup or drop down to lower level.

A LOT of these guys in the portal can contribute to a team that's outside of the top 25, but inside that .500 winning percentage mark. Top...50, if you want to look at it that way.

BUT, very few that can impact a top 10 program. The Arkansas receiver to UGA? Don't see that happening.

Incredible!!!! Much respect to this young man!!!
Itā€™s a little bit bass ackwards. You donā€™t enter SEAL training from the outside world. First you join the Navy (if heā€™s graduated he could go through officer candidate school). Once youā€™ve entered the service, you can apply for SEAL training. However, that process includes many steps which could last up to two years.

I wish him well.

Here's something no one talks about.

When these guys enter the portal they list contact info. Some do. Some don't.

He didn't.

Yes, for those unfamiliar, a player can select whether he (and his agent) wants to be contacted or not... often times, the more higher profile players will at least initially go that route because they have full control and already have a list of schools they want to deal with. In Leonard's case, auburn thought they had a deal with him all wrapped up. I haven't heard what happened to change that yet, but I'd imagine Leonard felt more comfortable going another direction (like ND) and/or, got a better deal. Freeze really wants him though and I very seriously doubt auburn will give up and move on until/unless Leonard signs elsewhere.

I'd argue his career weighs on these next few months: transfer portal, recruiting, and if he can hire T-Rob.

That's fair, IMO. With Texas and OU coming in, things don't get easier for them... the expanded playoff field is certainly helpful though. Freeze can't miss on QB again though... he's going to get some other good players and recruiting is going to be fine... unlike Harsin, he works his ass off in that department (plus they'll spend NIL money). He has some staff issues to get sorted out though and the hole at QB that has to be filled. They did (of course) get a pretty favorable schedule next year too (all things considered), which should be helpful.

On T-Rob, that would be huge for him on and off the field. Getting Dameyune Craig back would be big for the off field part too, which is a good possibility.

Also want to add, in re: to transfers and such... if we are talking about a starting SEC QB, they are pretty much starting out at $750,000 in NIL, and that's on the low end. Something to keep in mind when you see/hear about some of these guys looking for new schools. Some serious money is being thrown around out there...

Back
Top Bottom