| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Must have waited until he had a destination finalized before entering.

Side note, did you guys hear Saban during the NFL draft Thursday night talking about the DB from Toledo that he wanted to enter the portal a year or so back?

With the right coaching, Woodyard is going to be a really good player IMO.... I was really happy that Bama signed him, he was one of the 10 or so that I was really looking forward to seeing in Crimson. But, like some others before him, this is a pretty much unavoidable side effect of Saban retiring.

Oh. Well.
It blows. But like I said before, we're still sitting pretty well at the position. We've got several guys that could fill that roll. Just hope they stay as well.

With the right coaching, Woodyard is going to be a really good player IMO.... I was really happy that Bama signed him, he was one of the 10 or so that I was really looking forward to seeing in Crimson. But, like some others before him, this is a pretty much unavoidable side effect of Saban retiring.

Oh. Well.
This doesn't happen often. We are on opposite sides of the fence.

Said as like you wouldn't do the same thing? Come on!

Ain't gonna lie, I'm with him. Has to be some kind of penalty. How would you feel if you asked me to come over for a home improvement project due to a skill I had you needed, you paid the travel costs, room, and food, and then I leave you after only helping you buy the materials because I leveraged you against another job opportunity? You'd be pissed I bet. If not, let me get some of that good stuff from your supplier.

Ain't gonna lie, I'm with him. Has to be some kind of penalty. How would you feel if you asked me to come over for a home improvement project due to a skill I had you needed, you paid the travel costs, room, and food, and then I leave you after only helping you buy the materials because I leveraged you against another job opportunity? You'd be pissed I bet. If not, let me get some of that good stuff from your supplier.
Does it change the decision?

Does it change the decision?

I was raised with integrity and to be a loyal person, so I would honor my word. I also know MANY folks aren't raised the same way nor do they hold principles like that, so it's almost dumb to expect it, but it still grinds my gears. I live with a small town mindset, even though I am fully capable of working through a corporate world, but I have maintained my morals through the process. I may not be a millionaire that stepped on throats in the corporate world, but I have still be able to maintain a satisfactory life for my family and get to sleep at night knowing I've never cheated anyone, except a guy I promised a hat to a little while back.

I was raised with integrity and to be a loyal person, so I would honor my word. I also know MANY folks aren't raised the same way nor do they hold principles like that, so it's almost dumb to expect it, but it still grinds my gears. I live with a small town mindset, even though I am fully capable of working through a corporate world, but I have maintained my morals through the process. I may not be a millionaire that stepped on throats in the corporate world, but I have still be able to maintain a satisfactory life for my family and get to sleep at night knowing I've never cheated anyone, except a guy I promised a hat to a little while back.

Got you on this. For sure.

But then again. I thought i raised my kids this way. And they are 180 degrees different.

If he didnā€™t pay you up front, you havenā€™t cheated him šŸ¤£

Leave the hat, it gives him something to complain about.

Back
Top Bottom