| RECRUIT šŸˆ 2024 Transfer Portal Thread - DB DaShawn Jones has Committed to Alabama

Pulido is among these. Not sure any of those are on our radar but if we don't get Muhammad maybe we could push for Ephesians Prysock though I heard earlier on that he was planning on following his coach.

One interesting dynamic facing the staff right now is... who to take now, and who to wait and take after spring practice. They have to find a balance there... They need some bodies now, certainly along the OL and defensive backfield... and there are some worth taking. The staff will get a better idea of needs though in April, and a better idea of who will be available (even before the spring portal opens). That is going to be the key window to add impact players that can help next year. And there will be some major targets for the taking...

One interesting dynamic facing the staff right now is... who to take now, and who to wait and take after spring practice. They have to find a balance there... They need some bodies now, certainly along the OL and defensive backfield... and there are some worth taking. The staff will get a better idea of needs though in April, and a better idea of who will be available (even before the spring portal opens). That is going to be the key window to add impact players that can help next year. And there will be some major targets for the taking...
šŸ˜‚ I don't even know where to begin to look at position depth with so much roster movement. Also, and I could be wrong, but the new offensive and defensive schemes may warrant different body types such as smaller but quicker linemen. It's certainly going to be an interesting few months to see how things come together.

šŸ˜‚ I don't even know where to begin to look at position depth with so much roster movement. Also, and I could be wrong, but the new offensive and defensive schemes may warrant different body types such as smaller but quicker linemen. It's certainly going to be an interesting few months to see how things come together.

Touched on this right after DeBoer was hired... they will almost certainly be looking for quicker (and in some cases along Bama's OL) slimmer/lighter guys along the OL.

@Brandon Van de Graaff can't remember which forum we were talking about Hayes Fawcett on, but to reiterate how I feel about it more. He has not released a single infographic or tweet about any of the UW or Arizona players who entered the portal today.

That is why I feel like he's been in the DMs of some of these guys and why if I'm Bama or anyone in the future I'd start telling these kids to avoid him completely and remove him from social media.

A guy who makes a living on guys decommitting and jumping in the portal does not have the best interests of the players in mind. Just wants some news and clicks. Meh, I guess I'll end it there.

@Brandon Van de Graaff can't remember which forum we were talking about Hayes Fawcett on, but to reiterate how I feel about it more. He has not released a single infographic or tweet about any of the UW or Arizona players who entered the portal today.

That is why I feel like he's been in the DMs of some of these guys and why if I'm Bama or anyone in the future I'd start telling these kids to avoid him completely and remove him from social media.

A guy who makes a living on guys decommitting and jumping in the portal does not have the best interests of the players in mind. Just wants some news and clicks. Meh, I guess I'll end it there.

Players love graphics like I love hamburgers. The Tipton guy does the same for basketball... the whole thing is silly.

I see Downs' dad is spinning this, but where he comes across as dumb is the fact anywhere he goes will be a new staff to Caleb. So the reasons he lists at Alabama and those relationships are no different anywhere else, whether he meets back up with Robinson or not, new guys are making the calls. Just be honest and say it was the money. Liars are what make me mad about most of it.

I see Downs' dad is spinning this, but where he comes across as dumb is the fact anywhere he goes will be a new staff to Caleb. So the reasons he lists at Alabama and those relationships are no different anywhere else, whether he meets back up with Robinson or not, new guys are making the calls. Just be honest and say it was the money. Liars are what make me mad about most of it.

Look, it's just business. Wish him well and move on.

Oh ye of little faith. DeBoer will have it all sorted well before then.
Has nothing to do with the amount of faith , but everything to do with numbers. Unless we can get some kids to transfer in its not worth the risk of going full contact for four quarters.

Some of my quote was tongue in cheek and some was a legit concern of numbers. Maybe i should have pointed out the sarcasm but i assumed the readers would pick up on it.

Back
Top Bottom