| FTBL 2023~ Gonna be a different bama team altogether

One of weakest returning bama teams i can remember. Transfers. Jrs going. Seniors going.

Gonna be a different bama team altogether
One reason it wouldn't surprise me to see both coordinators stay. For continuity

Spring game should be fun

I think Bama has always has a different team. But we have seen great players in the spring game that just didn't pan out. But we also saw some very special one too. I do believe that we will be seeing some true freshman stating next season. ROLL TIDE!!

Let's see here. 🤔

The things I agree with ...

One of weakest returning bama teams i can remember. Transfers. Jrs going. Seniors going.

Gonna be a different bama team altogether
One reason it wouldn't surprise me to see both coordinators stay. For continuity

Spring game should be fun
And I really don't agree with it being that different of a team.

IE: For the four receivers we're looking at Burton, Brooks, Prentice, and Benson. One unknown with Benson but he is a JUCO AA..

As another: For the three running backs we'll see we're looking at McClellan, Williams, and Miller. I don't know how soon we'd see Young or Haynes—they aren't early enrollees.

I don't see a lot of difference, and that's just two groups.
I don't see a need to address "weakest returning," unless you can find it in the two groups mentioned.

Just out of curiosity. If someone has time, could y'all give a best guess on what the depth chart will look like going into spring and which freshman and RS freshman are most likely to move way up the depth charts

Can you identify a weaker Saban roster heading into Spring? By "weaker" perhaps we should say "less heralded"?
Weaker is a subjective term if you're going to use it. Unless you've got something that can be pointed to objectively and define as weak.

'07, '10, '16, '21

I agree with TerryP, I just don't see this as a weakest team returning in the spring. It's more of different personnel coming in. We're just upgrading at some positions, but at the end of the day, it's still the same scheme, same concept, same process. I don't think this year team was the weakest, nor will 2023.

Here is something to cheer you up and make you hopeful: Saban has won all of his national championships but one with a first year starting QB. The only exception is AJ McCarron who won back to back titles. So going by history and precedent this should be Bama's year.

Greg McElroy - 1st year starter, national title
AJ McCarron - 1st year starter, national title
Jake Coker - 1st year starter, national title
Jalen Hurts - 1st year starter, national title (Yes Tua finished it off, but Jalen was a 1st year starter and Bama won it all, so the trend still stands)
Mac Jones - 1st year starter, national title
Ty Simpson or Jalen Milroe - 1st year starter, ?

I agree with TerryP, I just don't see this as a weakest team returning in the spring. It's more of different personnel coming in. We're just upgrading at some positions, but at the end of the day, it's still the same scheme, same concept, same process. I don't think this year team was the weakest, nor will 2023.
I would have to say 2007 and 2022 were the weakest teams under Saban at least from production on the field. Maybe put 2010 in there since they went 10-3.

I believe QB will be the most significant difference going in to next season. This season we started with the reigning Heisman winner, next year? Milroe has legs but a ways to go passing. Young had only been around 1 season before getting the starting nod, Milroe already has 2 seasons under his belt. Maybe it will be Ty? Either way, starting the season off in a different spot.

The other area I would submit that will be some changes with is safety.

I think we see a heavy lean on the run game next year to take pressure off the qb. With Milroe, I can see a lot of true RPO and qb runs. He isn’t near the passer of Hurts but a more talented runner. Not sure what we have in Ty. Wish we would have seen more of both of them in games this year.

Back
Top Bottom