| BSB/SB ⚾ 2022 SEC Baseball Tournament :

I think Bohannon pulled the Hitt too early. I get the thinking, but he should have held on a little longer. The bullpen has turned a 6 -4 lead to a 7 - 6 deficit, and the bases are still loaded (6th).

HOOVER, Ala. – Alabama baseball fell to third-ranked Texas A&M, 12-8, on Friday evening at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. The loss was the Crimson Tide's first in the SEC Tournament and moves UA's overall record to 31-26 on the season.

Alabama jumped out front with one in the first, but the Aggies evened things up with a run in the top of the second. The Tide regained the lead with three in the home half of the second and two in the fourth to make it a 6-1 ballgame after four full. Texas A&M then scored 11 across the final five frames with Alabama only able to add two for the eventual 12-8 final.

Chris Cortez (6-3) picked up the win with 2.0 innings of relief while Will Johnston earned his fourth save of the season after holding the Tide scoreless over the final 3.0 frames. Brock Guffey (2-4) suffered the loss.

From Head Coach Brad Bohannon

"This was obviously a tough loss tonight. I'm really pleased with the way we came out – we came out hot again. The energy was good. I thought Grayson (Hitt) gave us a really good start, and for as well as we've pitched out of the bullpen this Tournament and a lot of times this year, we weren't very good out of the bullpen today."

Brad Bohannon threw down the challenge before his Alabama team got to Hoover. If you want to play any games in an NCAA Regional, you have to play many games in the SEC Tournament.

After responding to that challenge with upset wins over No. 6 Georgia and No. 3 Arkansas, No. 11 Alabama's postseason push took a hit in Friday's 12-8 loss to No. 2 Texas A&M.

Now comes a short turnaround and what Bohannon described as "the biggest game of the year," an elimination game Saturday morning at 9:30 against Florida.

The quality wins here over Georgia and Arkansas, with three straight victories in all against the Hogs dating to the final regular-season series, have put Alabama right in the middle of the debate over which teams will secure the final at-large bids to the NCAA Tournament.

Does Bohannon think his team has done enough to earn one of those spots or is it necessary to beat Florida and advance to a semifinal later on Saturday?

"I mean, I haven't looked at that stuff in-depth enough," he said. "I know I'll feel better if we win another one. We're going to approach tomorrow like our season is over if we don't win, I can tell you that."

Saturday, May 289:30 a.m.Game 13: No. 7 Florida vs. No. 11 AlabamaSEC NetworkLineups
TBDGame 14: No. 12 Kentucky vs. No. 4 LSUSEC NetworkLineups
TBDGame 15: No. 2 Texas A&M vs. Winner of Game 13SEC NetworkLineups
TBDGame 16: No. 1 Tennessee vs. Winner of Game 14SEC NetworkLineups

Scored TWO runs from the fourth inning on in FOUR games. That's 2 runs in the last 20 innings of the games sports fans. Was outscored 20-2 in those 20 innings.

And it's official: Bama misses the tournament. Sorry but it's beyond unacceptable for our program to be in the depths of wilderness for this long. Especially with Auburn being somewhat decent recently. The lottery excuse is old. Texas and Oklahoma will only make the conference stronger. Byrne needs to make the right move now.

And it's official: Bama misses the tournament. Sorry but it's beyond unacceptable for our program to be in the depths of wilderness for this long. Especially with Auburn being somewhat decent recently. The lottery excuse is old. Texas and Oklahoma will only make the conference stronger. Byrne needs to make the right move now.
They got away with it. They should have worked harder not to miss the tournament. And now what?

HOOVER, Ala. – Alabama baseball fell to third-ranked Texas A&M, 12-8, on Friday evening at Hoover Metropolitan Stadium. The loss was the Crimson Tide's first in the SEC Tournament and moves UA's overall record to 31-26 on the season.

Alabama jumped out front with one in the first, but the Aggies evened things up with a run in the top of the second. The Tide regained the lead with three in the home half of the second and two in the fourth to make it a 6-1 ballgame after four full. Texas A&M then scored 11 across the final five frames with Alabama only able to add two for the eventual 12-8 final.

Chris Cortez (6-3) picked up the win with 2.0 innings of relief while Will Johnston earned his fourth save of the season after holding the Tide scoreless over the final 3.0 frames. Brock Guffey (2-4) suffered the loss.

From Head Coach Brad Bohannon

"This was obviously a tough loss tonight. I'm really pleased with the way we came out – we came out hot again. The energy was good. I thought Grayson (Hitt) gave us a really good start, and for as well as we've pitched out of the bullpen this Tournament and a lot of times this year, we weren't very good out of the bullpen today."
The team had every chance to take third place. But it didn't work out for them. Something went wrong. But they could have!

Back
Top Bottom