| BSB/SB šŸ† āš¾ 2021 College World Series: The Tide's season ends in the Ruston Regional

Bo needs to take a week away from the bats and balls and then take a good look at his pitching staff roster. There is some folks taking up space that don't need to be there. These last 6 games or so should really be used by the staff as a evaluation on which guys actually have any potential to make the team MUCH better. Not improved but MUCH better. We'll see.

I think there will be quite a bit of turnover on the roster...

Coach Bo will be getting a new hitting coach...

I don't think this is really surprising at all, and I could see another move maybe being made. I had typed out some thoughts that touched on this very thing after they got eliminated but scrapped it... thought it might have been a tad unfair. But, I hope a good hire is made and marked improvement follows. I'm assuming the team can bring back a volunteer assistant for next year too which would be very helpful.

Coach Bo will be getting a new hitting coach...

I don't think this is really surprising at all, and I could see another move maybe being made. I had typed out some thoughts that touched on this very thing after they got eliminated but scrapped it... thought it might have been a tad unfair. But, I hope a good hire is made and marked improvement follows. I'm assuming the team can bring back a volunteer assistant for next year too which would be very helpful.

The AD should give Bo all the financial resources (staffing/off the field etc) he needs to try and get Bama from this mid/lower level to at least where we're actually competing with the better teams. JMO but it's more than just coaching that could be the larger issue.

Bama will have to get much better just to avoid being passed by A&M and AU in the West in 2022. It must be difficult to recruit talented BB players to Bama. I guess we can understand how the football fans at Vandy,UK,USCe,Mizzou, etc feel since we can't get up to page 1 in baseball.

Baseball schollys are wired!!!!
I know 2 kids at ole miss that had to go to summer school to graduate but are on academic scholarships at ole miss.
One of the pitchers at florida from near me is on a ā€œlottoā€ scholarship....
The field needs to be leveled before a place like BAMA can compete consistently...
Auburn is in the same boat, can compete but like a roller coaster ride good one year terrible the next....

Red flags with the coaching staff???

Personally, I thought at least 1 change probably needed to be made. For it to work, it was going to have to be a decision Bo made without pressure. Injuries were absolutely an issue, but so were too many recruiting misses and the lack of development of certain players during the year (both hitters and pitchers).

Back
Top Bottom