| FTBL 2007 Season Expectations

Based upon the regular season schedule, what record would satisfy your expectations in Saban's first

• 7-5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 8-4

• 9-3

• 10-2

• 11-1

• 12-0

• Total voters

musso

2007 Season Schedule

Western Carolina
@ Vanderbilt
Arkansas
Georgia
Florida St. (@ Jax)
Houston
@ Ole Miss
Tennessee
idle week
LSU
@ Miss St.
UL-Monroe
@ Auburn

I voted for 9-3, because I would be satisfied with that for CNS's first year. 8-4 is also satisfactory, but I rather have a 9-3 season. :D

Realistically, I can see us doing no worse then 8-4. A 7-5 season would be highly disappointing. There would have to be a obvious reason if 'Bama were to go 7-5(highly doubt it however).

Man I really would be suprised if we made it to 9-3. Remember guys, CNS is a great coach but 9-3 is more than you should expect.

This is a first year coach and the players are having to learn an entirely new offense and a VERY complicated defense. 8-4 is much more realistic. I am a Bama fan through and through but I think most of us a being unreasonable. It is the only thing about being a Bama fan that worries me...what if we go 7-5? Will everyone want to get rid of Coach Saban? I won't. I think it is VERY possible that we go 7-5.

We play in the toughest league and have alot of rivals that hate us. The SEC is full of GOOD teams.

Well, I see 6 very tough opponents and a few other average-good teams. I don't think we go 1-5 against those opponents though. 2-4 is the worst I see us going.

remember guys, my poll is asking what would satisfy you, not necessarily what you think will actually occur. in other words, what are the results that will please you considering this is Saban's first season and the holes we have on defense?

bamabarney said:
9-3 or 8-4 would satisfy me, esp. if two of those win's was over the Barn and the Viles. I expect to see a Bama team finish a game this year.

Barney, you just crushed a whole bunch of LSU fans. You know we're their biggest "f-ing" rival. Surely they're ours, too. :shock: :roll: :lol:

I voted 9-3 but let's not forget we're paying him $4 million/year to win ball games, especially against our SEC rivals. I don't believe he has much rebuilding to do. I understand he needs time to implement his system but I feel the talent is there to win at least nine.

Regardless of what this season's record is, I cherish the fact that CNS is as unhappy about losing as we are. Even if we go 0-12 great things are in our future and we finally have the right coach.

Swamptick said:
Man I really would be suprised if we made it to 9-3. Remember guys, CNS is a great coach but 9-3 is more than you should expect.

This is a first year coach and the players are having to learn an entirely new offense and a VERY complicated defense. 8-4 is much more realistic. I am a Bama fan through and through but I think most of us a being unreasonable. It is the only thing about being a Bama fan that worries me...what if we go 7-5? Will everyone want to get rid of Coach Saban? I won't. I think it is VERY possible that we go 7-5.

We play in the toughest league and have alot of rivals that hate us. The SEC is full of GOOD teams.

I beg to differ with you on that statement.

A month or so ago I was looking over history, Saban's and other SEC coaches. Those others included coaches like Spurrier, Richt, Miles, Fulmer, Tubbs, etc. I compared those against Saban in terms of 1st years results.

Here's the thing. Not only does Saban have a better winning percentage in the first year of taking a program over than any other coach in the SEC, EVERY program he has taken over has improved by at least 3 wins in the first season he was at the helm.

If history repeats itself, which it tends to do, that would put us at 9 wins during the regular season.

I could break this down in further detail and look at the schedule in terms of the teams we face. But, take a few minutes and look for yourself. Look at LSU, as example. They won't have their O installed completely by game one. By the end of the season, I doubt it. UGA still answering questions...AU retooling, but in some critical areas.

The offensive system being installed for the Tide isn't that complicated...far less so than the one xCMS took three years to implement.

The defense will be a little harder, but that difficulty will be on the LB's more so than any other position. The DL will be changing technique, but most going back to something very similar to what they ran in HS. (technique wise, not scheme wise). DB and S's will be similar also. Biggest change will be the physical nature of the coverage on the DB's...but, in a similar scheme they did pretty well adjusting to teams like Tx. Tech.

9-3 is realistic. I'm almost tempted to go as far as stating our toughest game next season won't be against an SEC team.

I would be satisfied and celebrate all year (lot of beer) if we went 10-2 and the two wins were Auburn and Tennessee. Then we could add the other teams in the w column in 2008. :). That would be money well spent for his first year.

CrimsonPirate said:
bamabarney said:
9-3 or 8-4 would satisfy me, esp. if two of those win's was over the Barn and the Viles. I expect to see a Bama team finish a game this year.

Barney, you just crushed a whole bunch of LSU fans. You know we're their biggest "f-ing" rival. Surely they're ours, too. :shock: :roll: :lol:

I just assumed one win would be against them, a good ol arse woopin.

I would love to see a perfect season...but that probably isn't going to happen.

I think Saban will help us win some we shouldn't, but I won't be upset if we lose a few.

I think the losses will be easier to swallow, just for the fact that we will see a well coached team on the field. If we do lose a game, our team will go down swinging. It won't be the pitiful excuse for play calling we saw the past few years.

Back
Top Bottom