| MBB/WBB đźŹ€#16 Alabama over LSU on the road: 109-92.

Man we have some of the dumbest turnovers in basketball. Estrada had one earlier where he dribbled along the baseline and just throws it right to an LSU player. Then Sears there just lofts it in front of a defender at halfcourt. Dumb as hell.

There is a role for Pringle, a needed one IMO, down the stretch if he stays focused and does what is asked/demanded of him. Oats went out of his way to praise him right after the game on the radio broadcast. I haven’t listened to the postgame press conference yet, but I’ll post it here in a minute. I imagine Oats gives him some kudos there too.

Bama needs to pony up for coach Oates. I have a feeling with Kentucky floundering they will be looking south to Tuscaloosa. Hope they m wrong but we have a big fish and need to pay him accordingly or someone else will.

Bama needs to pony up for coach Oates. I have a feeling with Kentucky floundering they will be looking south to Tuscaloosa. Hope they m wrong but we have a big fish and need to pay him accordingly or someone else will.

He's paid pretty well, $4.5 million (top 10 nationally at the time he signed it a year ago) and goes up more each year. His worth is in his buyout, which is steep ($10 million after this season). Could Kentucky pay it? Yes. Would they? I don't know, but that's a lot to fork over for a buyout on top of what they'd owe Calipari, which would be a significant sum. Besides all that, I'm not sure their AD Barnhart would mesh well with Oats, some oil and water stuff there... but maybe that wouldn't matter. My guess is, Kentucky tries to make it work with Calipari if at all possible, but if not, they go another direction... like a Scott Drew or something. Now if Michigan State or Wisconsin come open? I'd probably get a tad anxious... especially if it was MSU.

There is a role for Pringle, a needed one IMO, down the stretch if he stays focused and does what is asked/demanded of him. Oats went out of his way to praise him right after the game on the radio broadcast. I haven’t listened to the postgame press conference yet, but I’ll post it here in a minute. I imagine Oats gives him some kudos there too.

Different approach for Oats at the press conference. Usually he's pretty adamant on calling people out and challenging them. This time he's praising them instead. Pringle definitely didn't like that suspension. He's got to get tougher inside though.

Back
Top Bottom