| FTBL 10 Reasons why LSU will Beat Bama

bayoulsucajun

Verified Member
1. Major Applewhite - Great Guy. Went to a great high school in Baton Rouge, but his offensive scheme is no match for pelini's defense. I think he is about 3 years away from ready for a gig like this.

2. Trindon Holiday - Bama has noone on defense that can come close to catching him. We use him sparingly but he gets big yards we he is used.

3. Bye Week - When Miles has more than a week to prepare for a team, we always dominate. Look at the Vt game this year when we had 10 days and the Sugar Bowl and Peach Bowl the past 2 years.

4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.

5. Miles has done better with "Saban's Talent" - Saban went 9-3 with a loss in the capitol one bowl. The next season Miles went 11-2 with practically the same team.

6. Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" - What would shula's record be this year. You cant say miles is winning with sabans talent without saying saban is winning with shula's talent

7. Our defense has something to prove - People are starting to call them overrated. They are ready to prove how great they are and dorsey should be back.

8. Chad Jones - He has taken over the punt return duties and has looked flashy while he has done it. I predict he will return one for a td.

9. Running Back By Committee - Our running game has been dominate lately. Between hester, williams, holiday, scott and murphy anyone can rush for over 100 yards any given game.

10. Flynn and Doucet are back - Flynn looked like he finally feels 100% after the ankle injury. Early had 7 catches for 93 yards in limited pt in his return last week. He has another week and half to rehab and be 100%. He is what our offense needed.

bayoulsucajun said:
1. Major Applewhite - Great Guy. Went to a great high school in Baton Rouge, but his offensive scheme is no match for pelini's defense. I think he is about 3 years away from ready for a gig like this.

2. Trindon Holiday - Bama has noone on defense that can come close to catching him. We use him sparingly but he gets big yards we he is used.

3. Bye Week - When Miles has more than a week to prepare for a team, we always dominate. Look at the Vt game this year when we had 10 days and the Sugar Bowl and Peach Bowl the past 2 years.

4. Bama is overconfident - The win against Tenn was impressive, but now the bama team and fans think they are going to easily win this game. Welcome back to earth.

5. Miles has done better with "Saban's Talent" - Saban went 9-3 with a loss in the capitol one bowl. The next season Miles went 11-2 with practically the same team.

6. Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" - What would shula's record be this year. You cant say miles is winning with sabans talent without saying saban is winning with shula's talent

7. Our defense has something to prove - People are starting to call them overrated. They are ready to prove how great they are and dorsey should be back.

8. Chad Jones - He has taken over the punt return duties and has looked flashy while he has done it. I predict he will return one for a td.

9. Running Back By Committee - Our running game has been dominate lately. Between hester, williams, holiday, scott and murphy anyone can rush for over 100 yards any given game.

10. Flynn and Doucet are back - Flynn looked like he finally feels 100% after the ankle injury. Early had 7 catches for 93 yards in limited pt in his return last week. He has another week and half to rehab and be 100%. He is what our offense needed.

News flash!! Why Bama will win!

#1 Barn threw 24 points on you! Case in point!

#2 He is fast I'll give you that, but thats about all he is...

#3 Proves nothing! You got a bye week as do we you want to talk about coaching? I'm sure CNS is just as good as whats his name..

#4 LSU is overconfident period all one has to do is read an LSU forum. Bama fans are optimist this year for god's sake what's wrong with that?

#5 Wow what comparison..How ever do we fight back...

#6 Saban is winning with "Shula's Talent" You got that right. Guess what might be enough to even beat LSU? Who knows guess well see next week.

#7 see #1 I'm glad Dorsey is ok. I don't know if he'll be a 100%. Either way he's a problem I'll give you credit there as well.

#8 I'm 100% sure the one area Alabama has improved in that's its kickoff and punt returns. I'm sure special teams will play a huge role of the game!

#9 Ok ? This proves ? We just passed for 500 last week and rushed for over a 100 last week. Your trying to make a point of you rushing attack I take it.

#10 I hope he is back that way you can't say we didn't have so and so why you won.

I would like my chances with JR's and SR's the next year over FR. and SO. :?

bayoulsucajun said:

Most of your stuff is just opinion ("he's no match", "feeling 100%", "overconfident"), but LSU's a whopping 3-2 under Miles when they've had two or more weeks during the season to prepare. One of those three wins was a 28-24 victory over ut, which is a little south of domination in my book.

Is Bama encouraged coming off a nice win over ut? More so than if we'd lost, but I haven't been overconfident in a football game in quite some time.

Good luck to y'all.

RTR,

Tim

Miles has not even won the SEC yet. So, he has done LESS with Saban's talent. Saban won 2 SEC championships & a NC with his talent.
Saban is also doing more with Shula's talent. Bama would not be 6-2 right now with last years coaching staff.

I like this one personally...

Im not so sure it is winning with Shula's talent as much as it is a coaching improvement alone.. The same players were there last year and we had a losing season... We could lose everygame from here on out (which we wont do) and still have a winning season.

bayoulsucajun said:
252BAMA said:
You are 15 years too late. We heard all of that from Miami in 1992.

That makes no sense. None of the reasons are the same as they have to do with coaching and player personnel that was not playing for either team in the 992 game

Same story, different actors and players.

bayoulsucajun said:

1. hes young, but hes started to get into that groove now that he needed to get in with the play calling.

2. no, we prolly don't have any one person fast enough to chase him down.

3. Miles does prepare very well when given an extra week, but so does Saban.

4. how are we overconfident? who in the hell is saying we are going to beat LSU easily? def. not the players or coaches? hell i've not even heard any fans saying that. everyone knows that this is going to be a very physical game and if we win we'll have def. earned it.

5. ur point doesnt really make sense. Saban went 9-3 with those guys, mainly young guys who hadnt played alot. Miles got them with another year of experience under their belt.

6. cant argue there. yes, these are the guys that Shula brought in. but there is no way u can compare this team to last years.

7. ppl are starting to call them overrated and i think they are a bit overrated. bad? no, they're a great defense but their not the sumerhuman defense that the media made them out to be earlier in the year.

8. who? i cant speak on this kid because i cant recall ever seeing him do anything. sorry.

9. very true. but our backs are the same way.

10. again, very true. Flynn looked like he was finally 100% but early on i felt like Doucett didnt look the same, but in the 2nd half he looked as if he settled in and played like he is supposed to. im expecting him to be at 100%. but u forget about our dynamic duo too....JPW to DJ Hall. they are playing better than Flynn and Doucett are at this point.

bayoulsucajun said:
TerryP said:
Let's take this one step at a time.

Bama lines up in a 4 wide set with the RB going wide. DJ Hall lines up in the 3rd inside receiver slot. Who covers him?

Probably Danny Mccray or Chad Jones, both of whom i would be comfortable with covering him

The problem with what you are saying is it's going to be in 3 wide receiver sets. In a two WR set it would be McCray or Jones. Now, you are looking at a safety if it's a 3 WR set. BUT, you are going to be looking at a 4 wide set where you are looking at Beckwith or Highsmith. Florida did it to you when you had a LBer trying to cover Harvin. UK did the same.

Bottom line, you weren't able to cover that position. That is why you see Bama move the ball on your defense.

Second question.

When Bama gets in the red zone, how do you stop them?

Mr. bayoulsucajun, sir . . . just so you know, most of us Bama fans considered LSU the top team in the conference and a team that we would probably lose to. However, the Tigers proved their beat-ability against both Kentucky (remember them?) and Auburn. Against the Barn, you figured out a way to win, which is what all good teams do. Still, if we fans saw weaknesses in the LSU defense, I'll guarantee you that Nick Saban saw 'em, too. If we win, it will be a great thing. If we lose, well, you guys are the #3 team in the nation...ain't we s'posed to lose to you. Tell you what...stop with the supposition. Let's just tee it up. You can bet that the team is not over-confident and Coach Saban will have them ready.

Btw, your dislike of Coach Saban, so obvious in your post and among the LSU fans I live around, baffles me. The man won you a national title and left Les Miles with a full cupboard. The chance of winning the West should be enough motivation for both teams.

CrimsonPirate said:
Mr. bayoulsucajun, sir . . . just so you know, most of us Bama fans considered LSU the top team in the conference and a team that we would probably lose to. However, the Tigers proved their beat-ability against both Kentucky (remember them?) and Auburn. Against the Barn, you figured out a way to win, which is what all good teams do. Still, if we fans saw weaknesses in the LSU defense, I'll guarantee you that Nick Saban saw 'em, too. If we win, it will be a great thing. If we lose, well, you guys are the #3 team in the nation...ain't we s'posed to lose to you. Tell you what...stop with the supposition. Let's just tee it up. You can bet that the team is not over-confident and Coach Saban will have them ready.

Btw, your dislike of Coach Saban, so obvious in your post and among the LSU fans I live around, baffles me. The man won you a national title and left Les Miles with a full cupboard. The chance of winning the West should be enough motivation for both teams.

CP, let's not forget Florida. They moved the ball and scored a few points on that mighty LSU defense as well.

Miles' team is a very close to having a three-loss record right now. Even Tulane dominated them for a half. And everyone agrees that this LSU team has the best talent in the nation. Looks to me that these Bayou Bengals may be underachieving. :?

Back
Top Bottom