| FTBL '08 SEC coaching changes?

G

So Loyde Carr looks to be out at Michigan at year's end. Croom ain't winning friends in Starkville. Nutt seems to need the SEC west and a Heisman winner to put the past behind him....

What will the coaching picture look like a year from now? Does Michigan come shopping in the SEC? Who will be at MSU next year? Are there any surprises lurking out there?

Fulmer's seat is getting hotter by the day. Some of the Alumni I know have been calling for his head since his deal with Culpepper. Fired? No. Resigning? I expect it within the next few years.

Bama beats Auburn this year and I expect to see the same thing with TT soon.

I know there will be a few in the ACC. Tommy Bowden's running on borrowed time & Al Groh just got punked by Wyoming. They both might be out by the end of the year.

What do yall think about Les Miles going to Michigan? Also, I agree that Nutt is getting close to being introduced to the back door at Arkansas. I would hate to see State fire Croom though, he is so hamstrung there...no way anyone will turn them around in 3 years.

TerryP said:
rick4bama said:
Why not wait till the end of the season about coachers change?

Shula was done in the mid season Rick.

Not to pull all of the skeletons out of the closet, but exactly how soon during the season was it? Was it before the Duke game or was that just the final straw?

I heard that JPW was supposed to sit out that game due to disciplinary action and threatened to quit if he didn't play. So Shula caves in, we look like crap against yet another crappy team, and Guillon quits because of the outright bias of player favorites? Is that pretty much it or am I way off base here?

TerryP said:
Fulmer's seat is getting hotter by the day. Some of the Alumni I know have been calling for his head since his deal with Culpepper. Fired? No. Resigning? I expect it within the next few years.

Bama beats Auburn this year and I expect to see the same thing with TT soon.

WRT to Fulmer, what does it take to run him out?

WRT to TT, WHEN Bama beats Auburn, what will the barners cite as evidence of their bright future in dominating Bama? Nothing that I can tell. That said, when Bama takes Auburn, will that be enough to run TT or will it take another year?

rmctide said:
I know there will be a few in the ACC. Tommy Bowden's running on borrowed time & Al Groh just got punked by Wyoming. They both might be out by the end of the year.

Tommy has pretty much mastered his dad at FSU. Does that get Tommy Bowden an interview in Ann Arbor?

WRT to Groh, I not too interested or concerned.

bamascw said:
What do yall think about Les Miles going to Michigan? Also, I agree that Nutt is getting close to being introduced to the back door at Arkansas. I would hate to see State fire Croom though, he is so hamstrung there...no way anyone will turn them around in 3 years.

I've heard Les Miles' name tied to the Michigan job but I am to locked in enough to understand why Les one of the names being mentioned, other than the fact that he has won a few game in the SEC. Can anyone clue me in?

WRT to Croom, I suspect that MSU is measuring him more against Ole Miss more than the rest of the SEC. Being the third best team in the state is what would get him fired.

I know Les is Michigan alum, I heard that he had a clause in his contract that if the Michigan job became available, he could opt out of LSU.

here's a question to go along with this one ... will there be more changes after this season than there were last season .. cuz that was a doozie for coaching changes.

Back
Top Bottom